Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logic 6 for Windows Help

Reviews Summary for Logic 6 for Windows
Logic 6 for Windows Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $129
Description: The ULTIMATE Amateur Radio Software
More info: http://www.hosenose.com/logic6/

You can write your own review of the Logic 6 for Windows.

VE1MC Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2004 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Great, but be prepared  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My first experience with PDA was also with Logic 2 which I purchased in 1992 and have used up until the fall of 2003 at which time I upgraded to Logic 6. Why did I upgrade? Because both Logbook Of The World & eQSL required ADIF log conversion. Search as I might I could not find a program that could do the conversion for me & yet still retain my old Logic 2. I agree with the comments made by W4MY. The learning curve is steep, however it is a very powerful program. The search filters & awards tracking are fantastic. The product support provided by Dennis, the owner/operator of PDA is second to none, extremely prompt & courteous no matter how simple the question may seem. When I purchased Logic 6 I did not realize at the time it must have been at the end of the product run. Much to my surprise a month or so after I had purchased Logic 6, a UPS courier arrived at my door for me to sign for a package? When I opened the package it was a complimentary version of Logic 7 at no charge. Logic 7 has a brand new feature that allows you to automatically upload & download to LoTW. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement for I have never received this kind of product support from anyone before. I am sure there may be other logging programs on the market that would serve the same purpose, however the customer support has made me a loyal PDA customer.

W4MY Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2004 21:43 Send this review to a friend
Comprehensive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a Logic user since Version 2 (Well Logic Jr really) since 1992 when it was DOS based. Solid program that had a long learning curve but WELL WORTH the effort. It was so good in fact that I used it well past the time Dennis announced support would be discontinued for Version 2. (Dreaded another learning curve)

Broke down and upgraded to Version 6 last year and while still not fully fluid with it, I'm glad I made the transition. Version 6 is feature rich and I use the contesting features only because I'm not a real serious contester and I'm used to the Logic method from V2. Writelog is probably better for the serious contester, but Logic has good utility for someone like me.

Never lost a single QSO record dispite all the trials and tribulations of all the PC's I've had it loaded, crashed, and used on. The backup system really works, I know first hand.

The HELP system is OK and covers all the basics. I think this is Logic's weakest area. But the program is SO versital and comprehensive that no help system could cover it all. I use the website and FTP site for support and that is outstanding!

The support is top notch all e-mails are answered promptly and I am treated with respect and courtesy. Phone support is spotty but I gather Dennis is a one man band. Voice mails are always returned.

I'd recommend it to anyone who is a serious paper chaser like me, but be prepared for the long haul, its not for the faint of heart.

N9RO Rating: 4/5 Dec 18, 2003 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Very Powerful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found this to be a great platform to base my station logging. With TRX Manager I feel this product is hard to beat. However, two radio control could be better, I have a SO2R station and use Writelog for contesting not the Logic6 contesting feature.

N3MX Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2003 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Nothing comes even close!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have tried many logging programs over the years and nothing comes close to LOGic. I have been using LOGic now for close to three years and switched to it from LOG-EQF. My needs out grew LOG-EQF. LOGic can track any award and run any contest! Serious contesters will use Writelog or CT, etc and then import to their main log as I do. LOGic has way too many features for me to cover here so check out the website and download the demo. There is no other program that can be customized or has as many features as LOGic does period!!! You must spend some time with it as it has a learning curve like anything else. The support for this program is nothing short of fantastic! It is super reliable and I have never lost a QSO. If you decide to take the plunge and buy it you will not be sorry! I am just a satisfied customer and am in no way affiliated with PDA or LOGic!

73 DE N3MX

N9TA Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2003 18:30 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a "Logic" owner since version 4....but I had never really used it...it seemed too complex. I have used LogEQF and WinEQF for years...until I lost a bunch of data. To this day, I don't know if it was WinEQF's fault, or mine, but the fact remains that I lost a bunch of QSO information. So I decided to upgrade my Logic software from version 5.3 to version 6.0......and WOW !!! New users CAN use the software as-is.....BUT, if you are willing to invest some time in learning how to customize Logic6, you can have an AWESOME logging package. Logic's strengths are also it's weaknesses....It is customizable to the point that you can make it do just about anything you want it to do....BUT you have to learn HOW TO DO IT !! I have mine set up to log and TRACK Fist", "CC", "Geratol", and "D" numbers.
I am now working on setting up award reports for the various Fist CW Club awards. I'm having to learn some new things....but the important thing is that I CAN make this logging software work EXACTLY the way I WANT IT TO WORK !!! The support from the makers of Logic is EXCELLENT!

PS: Other than the fact that I have sent PDA (Personal Database Solutions...makers of Logic) a bunch of money over the years, I am in NO WAY connected to the business.