Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000
LDG AT-1000 Reviews: 63 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $599.00
Description: This is an automated antenna tuner capable of 1000 watts SSB, 750 Watts CW, and 500 watts digital.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000.

W4PR Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the at-1000 used two years ago to go with my IC-7600 and FL-7000 linear. It has worked flawlessly for me. I have not experienced any of the auto-retune that others have complained about. On 20 meter SSB I tune it for around 14.235 and it is good from 14.150 to 14.310 without having to re-tune. It is noisy but unless you are using a new antenna it takes less than 5 seconds to get you where you want to go. I am using it on several antennas and it handles the Z on my G5RV without a sweat. The linear loves it!

LDG makes great equipment. The only reason I would get rid of this is to upgrade to the AT-1000 pro ii.

K9BW Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am leaving this opinion since I realized that hams should also leave some good reports. I have only operated mine at a maximum of about 350 watts output. I have owned it for so long I have lost track of time. I just hope they stay in business a long time serving the ham community. It has even enabled me to tune to poor antennas when the good one blew away. I would hope they design an at the antenna remote antenna tuner. Sorry no negatives. It has given years of flawless service. Even when the real SWR was out of this world.

NK7Z Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2013 06:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Tuner...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this tuner for 5 years... Worked flawlessly for 99.999% of that time. I sent it into LDG for repair, they fixed it, (The SWR board had an issue), and charged me nothing! Tuner is back, and I just bought the newer AT-1000 PRO II as a result of the customer service...

73's
Dave

SA3AYF Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2012 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I´ve had two of these, one I sold (my misstake) and the other one has been in service since 2008, flawlessly !

It easily swallows all the power and SWR I´ve thrown at it :-)

But, and this goes for ALL tuners automatic as well as manual, there is a limit how high SWR it can tune out,
it can only match the radio or amp to the impedance seen in the coax by the tuner.
It will NOT make your antenna any more efficient or change the antenna´s resonance / SWR.
Also, the groundpost at the back is there for a reason.
The tuner should be connected to RF-ground for the same reasons as you need to connect you radio and amp etc. to a good RF-ground.
There is a micro processor inside and it will go bananas if exposed to high RF levels in your shack.
That RF will also affect your PC, your radio and your transmitted audio.
Simple as that. No mystery.

The tuner will work as a champ if you read the manual and follow the instructions there :-)

K0KVR Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2011 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Service Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this tuner since 2009, aand it has worked great. Recently, howevere, it stopped tuning and I returned it to LDG. They had it back within 4 weeks, and had replaced the logic board at no charge. Amazingly quick and now it works like new.

KC0SKW Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2009 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Simply works. No complaints. Haven't used a manual tuner to compare it to, but it tunes whatever homebrew wire antenna I connect to it with one touch of a button.

Used with IC-706MkIIg

SV2BWM Rating: 4/5 Nov 10, 2008 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Does the job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have it for over a year and it keeps on working flawlessly.

Is is a bit noisy, but that noise comes from the heavy-duty relays. I have been using other similar high power antenna tuners and they all make the same noise, so no problem with that.

It has a long tuning time (up to 8secs), especially if your antenna has an unknown Z. I have the Kenwood TS-850S with SGC-500 and it tunes from 160m up to 6m with 500W+ RTTY & 800W SSB...

So, well done LDG !!!

WW5AA Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2008 14:25 Send this review to a friend
One year later  Time owned: more than 12 months
One year now and the LDG AT-1000 is still doing the job! I changed out my 177' doublet for 256'. During the heat of battle I ran 1500 watts through it a couple of times (not recommended of course). What can I say, it does everything it should. If the old IC-AT-500 ever goes south, I'll get the AT-1000 Pro!

W0ZD Rating: 2/5 Dec 14, 2007 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Less than average performer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought one to use with my Ten Tec Hercules II before I read the E-Ham reviews. At power levels above 300 watts the tuner tried to retune on CW and SSB peaks. After the retune the SWR was always over 3:1 so one had to be careful and not keep transmitting with high power. The only bands that did not retune were 80 and 40 meters. The tuner tried to retune on all bands above 40 meters when running over 300 watts. I see that this was not a new problem as it was identified in a couple of other reviews. When I contacted LDG they did not indicate that is was happening. They sort of lead me to believe this was a very unusual problem and wanted me to send it in for evaluation. On the positive side they were very responsive when I asked for some new hardware. They sent it post paid. I believe the design needs a little more refinement. Maybe the new AT-1000 will work as advertised. I’ll check the reviews before I buy another one.

K6DXX Rating: 1/5 Dec 6, 2007 16:46 Send this review to a friend
POOR  Time owned: more than 12 months
My review was mistakenly put under AT-1000Pro, so I'll repeat here. The performance of this tuner is POOR at best. I have owned the AT-1000 for over a year and used it on beams, verticles, and wires. The tuner simply will not hold a tune! Sometimes it tunes on low power and then detunes on high power, other times it will not tune at all. Don't give the business about RF getting into it (LDG) cause it an't happening! It's a lot of $$$ for knowthing! I wouldn't recommended it to anyone. I'm going back to my tried and true homemade manual tuner...K6DXX