Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Kenwood AT-200 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood AT-200
Kenwood AT-200 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $399
Description: Antenna Tuner

You can write your own review of the Kenwood AT-200.

W9RCP Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2010 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Worth The Money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What can you say about something that works??? I cannot compare this tuner to the more expensive modern day tuners, but it works & it works GOOD... I have 3 radio's that I have used this tuner on, with the same results... V.G. The 520,520s,& Icom 745... The antenna that I use is long-wire with low power (50 WATTS) or less on the Icom 745, & it does its job well, also with the same results w/520 & 520s... It has connections for a Dummy Load,Long wire, & 3 other antenna connections, also it has a meter w/calibrations... If you asked,(Would I Recommend This Meter) to someone else???? Heck Yes... Bought mine for around $100.00... Worth It...Thanks

VE3OU Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2008 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Well made tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Kenwood AT-200 tunes my short wire (85') end fed antenna flat on all but 80 meters, where it is 1.5 to 1.
I use the 20 meter position to work 30 and it is flat 1 to 1. Nicely made, no need to spend any more than a used AT-200.
Find one... and buy it!

W6PRI Rating: 4/5 Mar 12, 2008 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Very good tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the AT-200 for over 15 years and it has performed flawlessly on all bands including the warc bands. Good job, Kenwood.

KF4QK Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2007 03:14 Send this review to a friend
I love it  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have gone through several MFJ tuners over the years and have come to believe that they are built by retarded illegals. Everything MFJ touches is cheapened to the point where it isn't worth one third the price. What happened to American quality? All we see anymore is the profit line. Build it as cheap as you can and sell it for as much as you can get. Advertise quality, but sell junk as long as the stock holders are happy. Sooner rather than later these junk products are going to catch up with sales and they are going to be out of business. Whose fault is it? Made in USA sure doesn't mean what it once did. There was a time when we said "Made in Japan" meant "Junk". Those days are long gone. Now "Made in USA is equated with junk. That's not to say that there are not still some American companies that build quality products, but they are becoming few and far between. Wake up America! Bring back the meaning of American quality before we can't even sell shampoo anymore.

The AT-200 is a quality piece of equipment at a good price. You can pick them up on Ebay for a good price and you will not be sorry you did. I can tune my 115' random wire antenna fed as an off center "T" to any band I choose to work from 10 meters through 160 meters with under 2:1 SWR and it doesn't act like a dummy load. The only draw back is the 200 watt power limit. I presently only operate barefoot with 100 watts, with my ancient Kenwood TS-820S, but I plan to buy an amplifier in the near future. I will still use the AT-200 as my standard for quality in the future. It is worth every penny spent.

WA4PTZ Rating: 4/5 Jul 8, 2003 06:48 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought an AT-200 in a flea market about 15
years ago as something to play with and experiment
with long wires. After using it for a while I
discovered that it would tune the WARC bands and
6 meters , with a little patience and by keeping
notes. I still have this tuner as my primary
tuner in the shack, it has worked flawlessly.
I picked up a Dentron 1000 tuner a while back
and after checking to be sure it worked, I packed
it up and set it aside for when I need another
one, afterall, the AT-200 does the job.

KA2SHU Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2003 12:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this tuner used on e-bay to replace an MFJ-949D. While this tuner has been around for a long time(pre WARC), it is a superior product when compared to the MFJ. I use a random wire antenna for many bands and this tuner makes the match without a hitch. Through power is 200 watts max. It is the only tuner I have ever had that does a great job on 160M. The R and X knobs are large and the adjustments are smooth and easy. The dual function (pwr&swr) meter is easily read, although provisions for a light would have been nice. There was no problem tuning up on any of the bands including 30M, 17M and 12M. You can hook up 3 antennas in either through or tuned modes for two Coax and one wire. There is also a provision for a dummy load as well. The MFJ-949D is an ergonominc nightmare compared to this tuner. If you can find one, grab it. It's a nice product!
W4SHU