Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT Ham Iambic Lever Paddle (CT22) Help

Reviews Summary for CT Ham Iambic Lever Paddle (CT22)
CT Ham Iambic Lever Paddle (CT22) Reviews: 16 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: CT-22 dual lever paddle has matte-black base that measures 3-1/8" square and the paddle stands 2-1/8" tall to the tip of the fingerpieces, and the total weight of the paddle is 1 Lb 6-1/4 Oz. The paddle combines a double-polished natural brass, clear plexiglass fingerpieces, matte-black steel base, SILVER CONTACTS. Spring and bearing tension are easily adjusted on each side, and the contacts can be set for very narrow spacing. Each paddle has a brass plaque stamped with the serial number and year of manufacture. Each paddle is supplied with pre-connected shielded cable and both a gold 1/8" plug and a 1/8 to 1/4" adapter.
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?currency=USD&language=en

You can write your own review of the CT Ham Iambic Lever Paddle (CT22).

JA7AVI Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2003 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Good Morse Paddles  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good paddle, like it in the shack. Good in the car.

Fast shippment to JA.

CUAGN !

73 !

ER2H Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2003 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Good Work vs Good Price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We purchased several paddles for the fest.

Based on the combination performance vs price I think it is one of the best paddles in its class.

WE1X Rating: 1/5 Jun 27, 2003 09:24 Send this review to a friend
All Dressed Up....No Place to Go  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one of these about a year ago. From the product description and advice from MorseXpress I expected this to be a fine paddle for the price. Unfortunately, that was not the case. While the "packaging" or appearance initially would lead one to believe this is a quality product, just below the surface one can see it is poorly made with parts of marginal quality. Adjustment was a joke. Far too light. Cheap feel.

Replaced it with a Kent TP-1. Now that is a GREAT paddle. Nope, not pretty...but solid, settings stay set, and doesn't travel across the desk. So good I bought a second TP-1.

W3DCG Rating: 2/5 Jun 27, 2003 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Interesting...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine needed help.
Not what I had expected. The tensioning was impossible to adjust lightly enough; I found myself getting fouled constantly at around 30wpm.

I was trying to improve upon the Vibroplex Brass Racer I found from an honest chap on Ebay, which I found for 65 bux plus shipping.

This did not come close.
There were bizarre, threaded, CHEAP plastic grommets on the bolt shafts of the spring tensioners. Thoughtfully, Marshall did throw in a nice rubber non slop [I meant slip] pad to place under the paddle to prevent it from waddling back and forth. If it takes that, forget it, it has got to mean the tension is obviously too high.

I was disappointed, and opted to try the "Hi Mound" [I doubt it was authentic, the listing should have read "Hi-Mound Replica"] 706, an upgrade as far as cost- I mean, the 706 cost more.

After that turned out to be not what I had expected, I simply sold the 706 for about half what I paid. I was up front and honest with the buyer, too.

I have tried Bencher paddles, the Bencher Replica [and it's sold as such] from MFJ, The Vibroplex Brass Racer, CT22, Himound 706, and the mini portable Palm-Paddles made in Germany, and the Kent TP-1.

If all these models were on the desk, and someone said you can have them all for free if you'll just choose your favorite first, least favored last, you get to keep 3 of them and the others must be given away, my order would be:

1- Kent TP-1.
2- Vibroplex Brass Racer.
3- Mini-Palm retractable portable mag-mount.

4- Bencher [which I feel ties the Mini Palm, but since I'd only get to keep 3 of them...]

5- MFJ "Bencher."

6- "Himound" 706 "made in Japan"[?! no way, Japan hasn't put out this sort of quality since the late 60s early 70s]

7- CT-22.

My honest, and considered, opinion- based upon my personal experiences with X products.
Ex products.

VE3WMB Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2003 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my CT-22 dual paddles from Morse Express.
They are about 2/3 the size of my Bencher and a perfect pairing with my Yaesu FT-817. I was looking for a small set
of paddles to use on vacation but had my fill of "toy" paddles. It was a toss up between the CT22 and the Vibroplex code warrior. In the end I chose the CT-22 because I was very impressed with the quality of the CT-2 mini straight key that I had ordered previously.
After using them for a while I can say that they are a perfect weight for the size of the paddles. Absolutely no skating around on the desk.

I did make a couple of Mods to suit my fist.
First the I replaced the rubber feet with stick on 3M Bumpon feet. I found that the rubber compound on the original feet was a bit soft causing the the paddle to wobble a bit while in use. Secondly I found the springs a bit stiff for my liking so I removed the springs and snipped a coil of each and stretched them out
a bit and reinstalled them.

I am very pleased with the end result, great
machining, excellent finish and a nice price.

KC0ODY Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2003 23:32 Send this review to a friend
A real pleasure to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got this key today from Morse Express... I adjusted the tension/spacing of the paddles and voila- it's just a real pleasure to use... can't wait to have a long QSO with it! Good iambic paddles make using CW much more fun, and this is a good iambic paddle. Recommended highly.