Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | WB2REM Ultimate Linking Interface (ULI) Help

Reviews Summary for WB2REM Ultimate Linking Interface (ULI)
WB2REM Ultimate Linking Interface (ULI) Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89.00
Description: Completely PLUG & PLAY for use on Echolink, E-QSO, ISSTV, I-LINK Plus All Digital Sound Card Modes (ie PSK-31, SSTV, RTTY, CW etc).
More info: http://www.ilinkboards.com/indexuli1.html

You can write your own review of the WB2REM Ultimate Linking Interface (ULI).

W7WO Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2013 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Still the BEST  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
ULI is still the most versatile interface available for VOIP and PSK31 as well as other digital modes. You don't need all the features all the time but as your needs change the design still exceeds expectations. Now I just need a couple more of them for future expansion. W7WO Lacey,Wa UHF w/ Echolink capability. No band-aids required when you use ULI Deluxe. Thanks for the excellent product.
Bob w7wo

N4LNE Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2010 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am rating this product on service only at this point. I ordered the unit on 1/6/2010 it was shipped the next day and I was worried that today was the 12th and I had not yet received the unit. I contacted Jim WB2REM by email and he responded right away that the unit had been delivered on 1/9/2010 at 1020 am to my address. After a check outside for the missing box with negative results I again contacted Jim by email and he advised he would replace the unit for me and hope the lost one would be returned to him at some point. If the unit functions as well as the customer service behind it does it will be the best interface ever made. I will update information on how it works soon.
This is what ham radio is about hams helping hams. The lost unit was found about an hour later when a neighbor delivered it to the correct address something the USPS seemed unable to do.
Thanks Jim
De N4LNE
Phil

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2009 23:16 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use, works great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The WB2REM Ultimate Linking Interface (ULI) is probably the best Interface I have found.

I own MFJ-1270B/1274/1275/1278 and 1278B interfaces, alng with Rigblaster and Rascal. The ULI is the most capable of all of them.

The ULI is the "Swiss Army Knife" of soundcard interfaces. I bought it for Echolink, but I love using it on all digital modes.

KC6VEW Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2008 05:31 Send this review to a friend
Execellent piece  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two ULI boards in my seperate bases connecting to my Alinco DR-635 and one Yeasu FT-7800, WB2REM also provides cables to me so I do not need to make my own, the feature I like most is the botton on the box which allows you to conduct local QSOs with your computer mike, so you will not lose your radio function. The unit performs stably and never went down, the only challenge is that you need to adjust the volume level carefully so the overmodulation is avoided while activating the VOIP program like Echolink. Strongly recommend! BM2JAM- China

KC2HAS Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2007 23:34 Send this review to a friend
it is best interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the ULI Board as my interface for my echolink
station and i don't have no remark agians the ULI
it work perfect

K1ZXX Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2006 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Awsome!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We use this for a linked low band system in Rhode Island that is on 24/7 365 and it works with absolutely no issues.
the cos option is the best thing going for echo link, no drops and ker chunks like vox setups, just straight audio with no interruptions, if you want to listen to the system try the 6mtr hub on echo link node# 53290 and you make the call this is an easy unit to implement into your system and the support is on the money. thanks go's to WB2REM for this unit, from all of us at the hub 73's K1ZXX !!

P29NW Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2005 14:38 Send this review to a friend
What a great unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having read some of the negative comments on this site, I feel obligated to make a comment. I purchased the unit I have over 12 months ago and I cannot believe how anyone who has an amateur licence could not figure out the simple connections needed to make the ULI work. Perhaps they better open a couple of books and do some reading before they buy their next "toy" that needs more than just "plug it into the socket and turn everything to the right"
Appliance Operators have connected the ULI without any problems, so what is so hard?
Well the instruction book is very good, read it first, and if you are not sure, get a cup of your favourite brew (Non Alcoholic) and read the damn thing again, it is not hard Ladies & Gentlemen.
It took me about an hour from the time it arrived to the first successful test onto Echolink and running the local repeater so that the 5 amateurs in Port Moresby could enjoy the Echolink experience. I am often reminded by my Wife (P29JL) that I am technology impaired, but still I had NO DIFFICULTY getting the unit to work.
To WB2REM...you gave the world a great interface so HAMs around the world can simply plug n play. Thankyou very much.
I have a second one now for the second PROII and I highly recommend the ULI to anyone looking for a very reliable and easy to use interface.
Gary...P29NW (VK4WT when at home)

G0WYG Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2005 22:15 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, I bought my first interface a few years back (The AMI for the beginner which I still have but not used), I then bought the ULI which is absolutely 100% perfect in operation and construction, never had a single problem with any of mine, I now have 4 of them in use 24/7, although I have never needed help with mine you only have to read on the ULI forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uliboard/?yguid=127228731 how helpful Jim is, so if you want a good constructed interface then I highly recommend the ULI from WB2REM/G4CDY.

M0NGO Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2005 22:28 Send this review to a friend
Comprehensive Unit  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If anyone who has problems setting this up and using the information provided, then they should not bother connecting their radio to the computer in the first place.

This unit works, I have used it for SSTV, PSK31, Echolink and EQSO. It's integrated with my TS-2000X via a single cable connected to the back of my radio, so it looks neat and tidy, and I don't have to connect and disconnect the microphone to operate it. Audio quality through this ULI is 100%.

There is a Yahoo support forum, where other users can support each other - so Jim, who is a wonderful guy for sharing this technology and working hard to help everyone, does not get tired and have to be hassled by idiots who can't open CD's on a PC. The support forum has additional documents that assist in wiring the ULI to radios - I have provided the wiring to the TS-2000 for example.

This link is powered 24x7, has never crashed, never locked up, overheated, buzzed or hummed. It's a great interface with good additional features like onboard DTMF decoding, sockets for external monitoring speakers, mic, e.t.c, you can operate TX to internet directly by pressing a button on the ULI, you can TX directly from your radio by pressing the a button on the ULI - great for verifying setup.

On the whole, I am very happy that I purchased this ULI - and shipping to Europe was fast and trouble free.

So if you are looking for a board that works, and you have a bit of know-how to use a PC and radio, then this is the interface you have been looking for.

Buy it!

KF4WOL Rating: 2/5 Jun 16, 2005 14:16 Send this review to a friend
ULI Interface Needs Help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the ULI interface..and have spent hours trying to get it to work on my Toshibba Laptop, a Compaq Presauria desktop and an older 486 with 512 ram and win98..using an ic-706 radio..first of all I could not open the cd sent with the unit..I made several phone calls to Jim who was very gracious and helpful..but got tiredof the phone expense..I could never get the Sysop on echolink to hold the settings and my Ic-706 would Tx intermittely...also had to ground my p/c to the radio to reduce the noise...

Jim tried..over the phone..but I gave up on it..would suggest if you want echolin interface..look for something more simple and a little better tech support..

I have a friend who like this type crap..so if he wants it it is his...retired..spent about 25 hiurs fiddleing with it..so if you have lots of time to waste buy one!!!!

tom