Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | N2GYN Microphone Audio Enhancer Help

Reviews Summary for N2GYN Microphone Audio Enhancer
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$49.95
Description: Audio enhancement circuit for D-104's and most other mikes.
More info: http://freewebz.com/n2gyn/enhances.htm

You can write your own review of the N2GYN Microphone Audio Enhancer.

N2OLP Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2006 18:25 Send this review to a friend
It's a great product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am extremely satisfied with the results of this product. I have even ordered a second. Can't understand why the previous review was negative unless he wired it in wrong or more than likely, his radio is using a very narrow filter to begin with. I have found with the Enhancer it really brings out the full frequency range across the entire audio spectrum. The result is very pleasing to the ears and very natural sounding. I have received numerous reports commending my audio. It's nice and compact and extremely sturdy. I am very satisfied with this item and do recommend it without hesitation. For the price you can not beat it.

W9GOD Rating: 1/5 May 7, 2006 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Don't Buy, Don't Buy!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I listened to the audio demo on the web site, and expected the same results. It arrived on a cheap RadioShack 1.5 inch square board with compoents covered in gray expoxy. Looks from the size and 3 wires that it MAY be a cheap copy of the old D104 MM1 Impedance Matcher which was a couple of Caps, Resitors and a (1)Transistor. So for $1.75 worth of parts you get to PAY $55.00!! My D104 is set up to switch this useless device in and out, and after polling over 22 hams during conversations, over the last two months, NOT ONE VOTED FOR THE N2GYN - NOT ONE!! DON"T BUY, DON"T BUY!!

Built the N4JK D104 Mod (FREE schmatic on web) for around $3.00 in parts from RS and now I'm getting comments that I now sound like I've spent thousands of dollars on audio equipment to improve my audio!!

KC5LVW Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2003 21:01 Send this review to a friend
Don't Wait Another Minute  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Always loved the D104s. Loving the "new" rigs. Too bad they didn't go together...til now! You will not believe your ears. Installation was 5 minutes maybe. Hooked to a IC-746PRO using a Knight Hawk (left the amp installed, just cut the audio & wired in the new impedance matcher with room to spare). This is so simple. If you like new rigs & still like the D104, $50 ain't bad.
73's
Jon, KC5LVW

KA2IWR Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2003 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Pleasantly surprised.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got sick and tired of padding my D-104's with caps and resistors. Tried this and now asked if I bought new rig! Very pleased with how easily it went into the base of the mic, 15 minute installation. Got the unit very quickly, literally a few days after I sent my M.O. The website has audio bytes of how the unit sounds before and after. Haven't tried it in any other brand mic but understand that it can work with other types also. Very well made. I would recommend this product very highly.