Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | MFJ-336T Goliath Tri-Mag Mount Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-336T Goliath Tri-Mag Mount
MFJ-336T Goliath Tri-Mag Mount Reviews: 15 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: The MFJ-336T Goliath Tri-Magnet Mount has three super strong 5-inch magnets bolted to 1/4 inch triangular mount. It has 17 feet of coax cable. CAUTION: Once it's on, it's difficult to get it back off! The MFJ-336T has a 3/8" connector.

You can write your own review of the MFJ-336T Goliath Tri-Mag Mount.

VE9GC Rating: 3/5 Sep 27, 2006 16:46 Send this review to a friend
It works - sort of  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked this up from commercial dealer at local swap meet. Got it home and the first thing I had to do was peel back one of the protective covers so that I could get wrenches on to tighten up the magnet to the frame. The other two required tightening, but was able to tighten from the top using only one wrench. Mounted up my Hustler 75M Super resonator on the Hustler mast and noticed that when I closed the trunk the magnets lifted slightly. I have another tri mag mount that has the same size magnets mounted on a T bar set up. I had my Hustler CGT-144 2 mtr collinear mounted on it. I ended up having to switch the antennas. The MFJ holds the 2mtr ok, but not the Hustler 75M setup. The HF on the other mount is very very stable no sign of magnets lifting. Maybe I just got a "Monday morning / Friday afternoon" mount. I was execting better. Maybe ok if using ham stick style antenna, but mine doesn't work well with my HF set up. Looking to get Tarheel soon so I guess it will be mounted on my old T-Bar mag mount.
W5LXG Rating: 2/5 Sep 26, 2006 15:56 Send this review to a friend
2.0/5  Time owned: more than 12 months
Appears similar to other 3 mag.mounts, only cheaper. Arrives and is Hell for stout. Easy to pinch fingers if careless. But like most MFJ stuff, it is horrible inside.Coax is smaller than normal, 1 small gauge center conductor. Braid is wimpy and wispy,like baby hair. Get this, the center conductor is wrapped around a nut inside the non weatherproof hub. The flimsy braid is fanned out, at least PART, and trapped under a washer. Shameful. Change to Belden cable and add solder lugs. Fill the hub with weatherproof sealer
Only thing good is the magnets and the bracket.
KE6VG Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2005 08:13 Send this review to a friend
Still working  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you're going to rate something you should at least buy it first. And use your call so people can email you with questions. I have 7'+ Iron Horse hamsticks on top of my Chevy Silverado with this magmount. This combination is 1-2 S-units stronger than my ATAS100 mounted at the back of my truck rail. Not one problem at all. It holds up to 80mph no problem and even stays when the antennas smack on low tree branches. (cough, cough even though the max speed limit in California is 70) If you go to the Tarheel website you will see several photos of this mount being used with the little Tarheel on top of trucks. After two years it still looks good and works good.
RANGERMAN68 Rating: 2/5 Jan 7, 2005 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Not Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called them at MFJ and asked if it would hold a 102" steel whip on my mobile at 55 mph....It won't even hold it good enough at 40mph....It makes the recieve and transmit break up....They might be good for a 2ft-4ft antenna but surely no 7-8ft....
KE6VG Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2003 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Bargain!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered it directly from MFJ. Shipping was $10.00 - The price was great the quality is great. The triangle mount keeps the magnets from twisting like some of the other tri-mag mounts. Higher quality 3/8" Acorn mount, not just a stud mount for the antenna. And, stainless steel bolts are holding the magnets on. I think they got one right on this one.