Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Arrow OSJ220 Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow OSJ220
Arrow OSJ220 Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $39.00 + 8.00 S/H
Description: 222 MHz Aluminum J-Pole Antenna
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow OSJ220.

W3TEZ Rating: 4/5 Apr 5, 2017 00:18 Send this review to a friend
Working good in my attic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got another one of these because of the price. Running it wth an ADI-AR247 working really good clamped to a piece of wooden railing. Hits and receives all the local repeaters here in Buffalo,NY and a few repeaters in the southern ontario region of canada. And thats on low and medium power.

W4KVW Rating: 1/5 Feb 25, 2017 20:18 Send this review to a friend
SWR is HIGH when it's wet  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well I am now on my 2nd of these antennas & it has the same issue as the 1st one.When it is wet from rain,dew,fog or other moisture the SWR goes up to near 3.1 so it's really unusable.The 1st antenna SWR was 5.1 when it was wet so it was even worse.I tried two different feed lines that work just fine with other antennas & with this antenna when it's dry with Zero issues.I attempted to contact the company by email three times & I have gotten no replies so I guess they are not concerned with the issue which they say is Very RARE from our last conversation a few months ago on the telephone.The antenna performs very well when it's dry but for it to stay dry I would need to install in in my attic which is not what I need.Not sure what antenna I will replace it with but it will NOT be another Arrow Antenna.The thin nylon washer allows a small trail of moisture across both sides of it & this is when the issue arises but the designer of the antenna does not see this as a problem & has not made an attempt to correct it that I'm aware of. My suggestion is if you need a 220 mhz vertical antenna find a different company because Arrow Antennas design has issues unless you can keep the antenna dry somehow.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2017 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Working Great Again  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an issue with SWR on the 1st one I had when it was wet after several years of flawless service.I emailed Tim Chapman at Arrow antennas & explained the problem that I was having & he mailed me a New antenna without hesitation.He was very polite on the phone & made sure that I was happy & I think that's great customer service & what more companies could use these days.The New antenna is working great thanks to Tim & Arrow Antennas for taking care of the problem.Looking for many years of great service from the New antenna.

W4KVW Rating: 3/5 Jan 3, 2017 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great when it works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna at the 2013 Hamvention & it until recently has worked great.Now on any ocassion that there is moisture from dew,fog,or rain the SWR is around 5.1 until the antenna dries again.I have checked the feedline into a dummy load & it is fine.Also checked the antenna using a short jumper with an antenna analyzer & the SWR is still around 5.1 until the moisture has been removed.The nylon shoulder washer still looks just fine but when the antenna is wet it is pretty much useless.I emailed the email address on the instructions that came with the antenna & did not get a reply.I don't know if they are still in business but their antenna only works when the weather is dry here in North Florida.I can't keep taking it down severaltimes a week so I can dry the antenna just so I may have use of it.I would NOT reccomend the antenna nor would I purchase another one since I need an antenna that may be used in wet or dry weather that does not need a raincoat.

W5KVV Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2015 22:28 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna at a great price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say enough for the quality Arrow puts into these antennas. VERY well built. I have one up at 20' fed with 30' of RG8X. SWR is < 1.3 across the band. My biggest complaint is the lack of activity on 1.75 in the midwest.

W3TEZ Rating: 3/5 Jun 14, 2012 10:43 Send this review to a friend
okay, but a misprint in the instructions  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i have been having issues with the rx and swr of this antenna, but i have recently figured it out. the assembly instructions of this antenna tell you to put the longer element into the connector and let the shorter element be the ground element. well this will work but your receive quality will be poor, and if not poor your signal strength of any signal will vary. so what i did is put the shorter element into the connector and the longer element be the ground element, and the performance is way better this way. something to look at before assembling this antenna.

K2BFY Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2009 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mounted in my attic and works very well. People ask me how high my antenna is and how much power (25 watts) I'm running because my signal is very strong.

KC9JUM Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2008 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this to work with my Alinco DJ-280T portable while at home, it works great and it is easy to put together. Greatly improved my signal over a 1/4 ground plane or the stock duck.

K1FBI Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2008 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality manufacturing(wake up Cushcraft).
Super easy assembly with no tuning, no adjustment or measurements to make.
Temporarily set for the winter at 8 feet above the ground on a copper pipe! I am burying the meter on my IC-37A with repeaters 30 miles away. I am also getting good audio reports back with only 25 watts of power...I am impressed.

K6LDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2003 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast service, solid construction, takes five minutes to assemble. Strapped it to a roof vent pipe at 20'up. Using 10w transmitter setting and 55' RG8X lead, I can hit over 40 FM repeaters. Would be great for portable use, too. At this price, a real bargain.