Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Kuranishi Instruments BR-200 SWR Analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for Kuranishi Instruments BR-200 SWR Analyzer
Kuranishi Instruments BR-200 SWR Analyzer Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $429.00
Description: SWR Analyzer 1.8 to 170 MHz. Measures SWR and Impedance. Digital frequency readout. Analog meter movement. Battery operated. Imported into the USA by NCG.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/meters/1457.html

You can write your own review of the Kuranishi Instruments BR-200 SWR Analyzer.

K3KZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2005 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Quality Gear  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
While I have found the MFJ similar units to be the only MFJ products which actually worked correctly from the start (oh, there was also a clock) the Bitsosushi BR-200 has a much nicer feel to it....for those to whom such aspects are of any concern. I like it.

AL1Z Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2004 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Good Unit  Time owned: months
I bought the BR-200 primarily for it's ability to measure SWR in the VHF bands (up to 170mhz), and as an alternate for my CIA-HF (kind of a "second opinion" unit). It's simple to use, and the meter & LED display are very easy to read. I've compared readings with the CIA-HF and both units are right on the same measurements (realizing of course, that the CIA-HF is a digital reading, while the BR-200 is analog).

If I'm just looking for a quick SWR measurement I will usually turn to the BR-200 because it's so simple and quick to hook up. For more complex analysis, or for sweeping a wide range of frequencies, I'll use the CIA-HF. But when I get down to the real fine-tuning point (e.g. making small length adjustments on a tuning stub), the sensitivity of the BR-200 can't be beat.

Do keep in mind that the unit isn't particularly built for rough use - or use outside in wet weather conditions. It has a rather "sensitive" feel to it, but that's not inappropriate for a professional grade, precision instrument such as this.

Would highly recommened.

Patrick
AL1Z

KB1HJI Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2003 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Two thumbs up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just like the ad says. The Kuranishi BR-200 antenna analyzer is a professional class instrument for measuring SWR, resonance and impedance. This is just what I needed. I didn't want all the bells and whistles the other manufactures had to offer. A little pricey? Yup and worth every penny.

WA2UCJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2003 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Analyzer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just receieved my BR-200 and proceeded to try it out on my 8 differant antennas. Found at least 4 differant bands did not function as they should. I have only used a MFJ-209 to compare it, and let me say there is no compareison. This is the best piece of equipt. I have ever used. Very simple to operate and tested out perfect on all bands. I was able to find my BR-200 for $340. Look around,buy one, you wont be disapointed,

N6PEQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2003 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of test equipment. Beautiful meter movement.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The BR-200 is built like a tank. Very precise frequency adjustment compared to other manufacturer's units. The meter movemnet is superb! More expensive than other brands, but well worth it!