Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QSLs by W4MPY Help

Reviews Summary for QSLs by W4MPY
QSLs by W4MPY Reviews: 150 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $34.95 per 250
Description: QSL cards, "eyeball" cards.
More info: http://www.w4mpy.com/

You can write your own review of the QSLs by W4MPY.

N4TL Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2014 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a customer of W4MPY QSL cards for many years. I just received another 1000 cards from them and they are great. Debbie, W4MPY's daughter has taken over the business. She has added color Logos to their printing process and other updates. They are still printed in the USA.

N6HE Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2013 15:34 Send this review to a friend
ALL PERFECT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second order with W4MPY - I was completely satisfied with the first order, and am again completely satisfied with my follow-on order. I looked around for this order and decided that W4MPY had the best deal for me - again.

Done exactly as I wanted, delivered quickly, and they look great. Mine are printed on one side, 2-color glossy.

I'm proud to send out these QSL's!

Ray N6HE

AF5KS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2013 10:36 Send this review to a friend
I'm a repeat costomer....  Time owned: more than 12 months
and couldn't be happier. I just received my second order from Wayne, I had made some changes to my card from my last order and it was a fast simple process.

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2012 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Nice cards, Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 4 years ago, I moved to South Carolina and ordered a batch of cards from W4MPY, who was just up the Interstate a couple of exits. They were one of his standard designs. They came quickly, good price, great design. Others in the area have ordered his cards with happy results. I'll reorder from him, when the time comes.

WA2WMR Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2012 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work on custom card.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Five years ago, I finally got a batch of 500 cards from a local printer. These were a design that I wanted since 1962, but it would have been far to expensive back then to have had them printed on a press that used linotype.

A month ago, I ran out of those and began looking to have a new batch printed when one of the fellows on the local repeater suggested I check out some of the printers who specialized in QSL cards. So I sent out e-mails to several of them with a .pdf file of what I wanted and asking how much it would cost to have them done on an offset press.

One shop said they didn't do offset for fewer that 5000 cards, he sent me a sample (which I assume was done on a xerographic printer). It was OK, but the collor of the call letters was off. Another shop sent me back a .pdf as a sample (don't know what that was supposed to tell me, as I had sent a .pdf to him) and all of the elements had been moved. The movement of the elements was more of a concern to me than the off color.

So I asked W4MPY if he could create a sample for me to see and he replied that it would cost me $40 for a sample. That almost killed it, but I decided to call him and discuss my concerns about the color and location of the elements. After a few modifications, decided to take a chance and sent him a new .pdf with one set of elements reduced in size to avoid it being too close to the edge, and ordered 2000 cards.

Two weeks later, the cards arrived and were all as I had hoped, at a price that was one fourth (per card) of what I paid for the batch of 500. Very satisfied with his product.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2011 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Fast, Accurate, Thoughtful  Time owned: more than 12 months
After discovering the last blank survivor of my very first batch of QSL cards printed in the early 60's, I contacted Wayne to discuss the possibility of having it duplicated. What a neat way to celebrate my 50th year as a ham! Wayne was more than agreeable and we began the process by exchanging a number of emails. I would send him a proof, he'd evaluate it and then respond quickly, hence "Fast". Wayne was able to sharpen the original 50 year old artwork which depicted a ham building a rig in his bedroom with parts and tools spread all about. He repaired this original line drawing with great "Accuracy" at no additional cost to me. During our email exchanges, Wayne notice that my email signature included the membership numbers of some of the CW organizations I belong to along with "HF QRP CW - Doing more with less for over 50 years." Wayne suggested we add that to the back of the card - again at no additional cost! Now that was really "Thoughtful" and has saved me from the chore of writing my FISTS, SKCC, etc. numbers on each card. This is something I never considered but I'm sure glad Wayne picked up on it! The end product was 1000 beautiful QSL cards that take me back to my beginnings in ham radio. Wayne was able to find an off-white matte stock that very closely approximated my original shade and finish. He updated the back of the new QSL to keep it in line with today's standards (no more "INP" or "MC", for example). It gives me great pleasure to fill out these cards today and I couldn't be more pleased with Wayne's service. I'm now a regular customer of Wayne's for nesting envelopes also.

AE7ON Rating: 0/5 Oct 4, 2011 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Simply Awful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 1000 simple black and white cards from Wayne on August 4th. Determining the little details took a day in emailing and was really easy. I got a bit concerned but not too much when Wayne had to be asked to send a proof via email and wouldn't do it by himself just to be on the safe side. Anyway, no biggy. Then I waited...
After 2 weeks I asked Wayne if he had an approximate date for the print. He informed me that he had forgotten about the order and he would get at it right away. Ouch! Oh well, no biggy, right?
The first print arrived a few days later (I had also ordered the eyeball cards as he had a special to add them to an order for little money).
The result was very disappointing. The paper stock was so light that you could hardly tell it was thicker than ordinary paper. The eyeball cards had the wrong email address on them, about 100 cards had smear marks on them and around 300 cards had such a light paint saturation that the white paper was shining through the call sign.
They literally looked like they came out of an abused Xerox machine.
I told Wayne about it and he showed a great customer service attitude in promising a full reprint right away and he upgraded my paper stock to a higher quality for free as well.

Another two weeks later (the printing press had to get overhauled) I got the second print.
Differing to what Wayne had said, the delivery only contained the QSL cards, not the corrected eyeball cards. The paper stock on the QSLs was better but the print was not. 250 cards (exactly a quarter) had a white crack on the base of the number of my call sign. I was startled that Wayne hadn't at least looked the print over before sending it out to me as it was already a reprint...He offered another full reprint, this time including the eyeball cards.

Third attempt, the eyeball cards turned out nice, the QSLs were worse than before. This time, the problems were so scattered throughout the print that I had to look at every single card to see if it was ok. The problems ranged from paint smears, to what looked like dirt on the back of the cards, to fisheyes in the paint of the call sign, usually coming from oil contamination in the paint.

I scanned my favorite mishaps and emailed Wayne the results of the 3rd attempt and telling him that I do not want another reprint as - after almost 2 months - I had my share of a 1000 usable cards and that it is just taking way to much time for me to check the quality of yet another attempt of printing a stack of 1000 cards, which others seem to have no problem with.

I've seen and liked Wayne's cards since I started with Amateur Radio in the early 90s. His work seems to be ok for others but this experience I had with him will make sure I won't try again.
BTW: On my email about his latest reprint, I did not get any response. No apology, no refund, no nothing.

AB1II Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2011 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Cards, Amazing Customer Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
“Your complete satisfaction is our goal” This is what’s printed on their Invoice. This is the truth! Wayne will take care of any questions or issues promptly and professionally.

The photo QSL cards came out great. I’m proud to have a terrific, unique QSL card.

AB1II

K1TKL Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2011 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I submitted work for a photo QSL. The cards came out great. The color matching was good. Interfacing this project with Wayne was easy and professional.

K9VIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service/Great Cards  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent the artwork to Wayne and promptly received a proof. I sent back my edits, and again received a prompt response. The cards came today (ten or so days) and they look great! I'll definitely order again.