Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QSLs by W4MPY Help

Reviews Summary for QSLs by W4MPY
QSLs by W4MPY Reviews: 155 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $34.95 per 250
Description: QSL cards, "eyeball" cards.
More info: http://www.w4mpy.com/

You can write your own review of the QSLs by W4MPY.

KE4SWC Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2011 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought his "nesting" envelopes for sending and receiving QSL cards. They were here in 3 days. They are well made.

I will be ordering another package soon!

AE7ON Rating: 0/5 Oct 4, 2011 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Simply Awful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 1000 simple black and white cards from Wayne on August 4th. Determining the little details took a day in emailing and was really easy. I got a bit concerned but not too much when Wayne had to be asked to send a proof via email and wouldn't do it by himself just to be on the safe side. Anyway, no biggy. Then I waited...
After 2 weeks I asked Wayne if he had an approximate date for the print. He informed me that he had forgotten about the order and he would get at it right away. Ouch! Oh well, no biggy, right?
The first print arrived a few days later (I had also ordered the eyeball cards as he had a special to add them to an order for little money).
The result was very disappointing. The paper stock was so light that you could hardly tell it was thicker than ordinary paper. The eyeball cards had the wrong email address on them, about 100 cards had smear marks on them and around 300 cards had such a light paint saturation that the white paper was shining through the call sign.
They literally looked like they came out of an abused Xerox machine.
I told Wayne about it and he showed a great customer service attitude in promising a full reprint right away and he upgraded my paper stock to a higher quality for free as well.

Another two weeks later (the printing press had to get overhauled) I got the second print.
Differing to what Wayne had said, the delivery only contained the QSL cards, not the corrected eyeball cards. The paper stock on the QSLs was better but the print was not. 250 cards (exactly a quarter) had a white crack on the base of the number of my call sign. I was startled that Wayne hadn't at least looked the print over before sending it out to me as it was already a reprint...He offered another full reprint, this time including the eyeball cards.

Third attempt, the eyeball cards turned out nice, the QSLs were worse than before. This time, the problems were so scattered throughout the print that I had to look at every single card to see if it was ok. The problems ranged from paint smears, to what looked like dirt on the back of the cards, to fisheyes in the paint of the call sign, usually coming from oil contamination in the paint.

I scanned my favorite mishaps and emailed Wayne the results of the 3rd attempt and telling him that I do not want another reprint as - after almost 2 months - I had my share of a 1000 usable cards and that it is just taking way to much time for me to check the quality of yet another attempt of printing a stack of 1000 cards, which others seem to have no problem with.

I've seen and liked Wayne's cards since I started with Amateur Radio in the early 90s. His work seems to be ok for others but this experience I had with him will make sure I won't try again.
BTW: On my email about his latest reprint, I did not get any response. No apology, no refund, no nothing.

AB1II Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2011 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Cards, Amazing Customer Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
“Your complete satisfaction is our goal” This is what’s printed on their Invoice. This is the truth! Wayne will take care of any questions or issues promptly and professionally.

The photo QSL cards came out great. I’m proud to have a terrific, unique QSL card.

AB1II

K1TKL Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2011 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I submitted work for a photo QSL. The cards came out great. The color matching was good. Interfacing this project with Wayne was easy and professional.

K9VIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service/Great Cards  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent the artwork to Wayne and promptly received a proof. I sent back my edits, and again received a prompt response. The cards came today (ten or so days) and they look great! I'll definitely order again.

K2HVN Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 12:27 Send this review to a friend
review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Called me on the telephone to verify items. Mistake corrected and cards received quickly. I use to print QSLs myself back in the 60s so appreciate the quality, price and promptness. Have ordered many times in the past with great results.

K6HRT Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2010 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had Wayne do a full color front which was composed of several jpeg files. He did a good job of composition with telephone coordination. The first printing was dark even though the proof looked ok. He brightened up the proof and reprinted the whole run. It looks great. Recommend that you review the proof and make the colors pop out. (Increase brightness a lot). Wayne is easy to work with an wants you happy.

K8EUR Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2010 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Exceelent Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been getting my cards from Wayne for years - simple design, but custom spacings for direct feed through my printer.

I can't imagine having to walk away from Wayne without resolving a problem. I am sure he would refund my money rather than leave me with a problem he couldn't fix.

WA5UP Rating: 1/5 Nov 7, 2010 19:22 Send this review to a friend
Not So Good.....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I created a simple image / print combo, which contained only black and gray. It was properly saved in a high quality format. I sent the image to Wayne for printing. He contacted me stating that he thought some of the images looked "choppy", so he did some touch-up work and send me a copy of the image.

I noted that part of the final letter of my callsign, which was in large print, was cut off on the right side. I voiced this concern to Wayne, which he said would be corrected before printing.

On his assurance, I agreed to go ahead with printing. When I received the cards about 10 days later, the last letter of my callsign was still cut off (which it was not on the original artwork I sent him). Also, there were black blotches on the cards that did not belong. The worst part was that the cards were completely inconsistent from one to the next. On some, the black areas came out gray, and the gray would fade all the way to white. Others the blacks were darker, but the gray was too dark and made reading the text very hard.

I scanned a copy of the work that I was not satisfied with and sent it back to Wayne. He acknowledged the errors, and said that he would re-run the cards in his next batch.

I received the replacement cards about 10 days later, and they were worse than the first. All of the same issues existed, as well as new white spots appearing in dark areas of the cards.

Overall, I'm stuck with $90 worth of QSL cards that I can't use. They are simply not of the quality that I would feel comfortable sending out.

I know many others have had good service from Wayne, but I felt that it was important to share my experience. I hope that others will have better luck.

KG8JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2010 04:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Another fine job by Wayne. I have started using qsl labels and Wayne came through with a card that I could hand write or use the label on. And, the cards look great. And, the price is right. Tnx agn, Wayne