Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QSLs by W4MPY Help

Reviews Summary for QSLs by W4MPY
QSLs by W4MPY Reviews: 150 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $34.95 per 250
Description: QSL cards, "eyeball" cards.
More info: http://www.w4mpy.com/

You can write your own review of the QSLs by W4MPY.

K2HVN Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 12:27 Send this review to a friend
review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Called me on the telephone to verify items. Mistake corrected and cards received quickly. I use to print QSLs myself back in the 60s so appreciate the quality, price and promptness. Have ordered many times in the past with great results.

K6HRT Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2010 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had Wayne do a full color front which was composed of several jpeg files. He did a good job of composition with telephone coordination. The first printing was dark even though the proof looked ok. He brightened up the proof and reprinted the whole run. It looks great. Recommend that you review the proof and make the colors pop out. (Increase brightness a lot). Wayne is easy to work with an wants you happy.

K8EUR Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2010 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Exceelent Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been getting my cards from Wayne for years - simple design, but custom spacings for direct feed through my printer.

I can't imagine having to walk away from Wayne without resolving a problem. I am sure he would refund my money rather than leave me with a problem he couldn't fix.

WA5UP Rating: 1/5 Nov 7, 2010 19:22 Send this review to a friend
Not So Good.....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I created a simple image / print combo, which contained only black and gray. It was properly saved in a high quality format. I sent the image to Wayne for printing. He contacted me stating that he thought some of the images looked "choppy", so he did some touch-up work and send me a copy of the image.

I noted that part of the final letter of my callsign, which was in large print, was cut off on the right side. I voiced this concern to Wayne, which he said would be corrected before printing.

On his assurance, I agreed to go ahead with printing. When I received the cards about 10 days later, the last letter of my callsign was still cut off (which it was not on the original artwork I sent him). Also, there were black blotches on the cards that did not belong. The worst part was that the cards were completely inconsistent from one to the next. On some, the black areas came out gray, and the gray would fade all the way to white. Others the blacks were darker, but the gray was too dark and made reading the text very hard.

I scanned a copy of the work that I was not satisfied with and sent it back to Wayne. He acknowledged the errors, and said that he would re-run the cards in his next batch.

I received the replacement cards about 10 days later, and they were worse than the first. All of the same issues existed, as well as new white spots appearing in dark areas of the cards.

Overall, I'm stuck with $90 worth of QSL cards that I can't use. They are simply not of the quality that I would feel comfortable sending out.

I know many others have had good service from Wayne, but I felt that it was important to share my experience. I hope that others will have better luck.

KG8JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2010 04:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Another fine job by Wayne. I have started using qsl labels and Wayne came through with a card that I could hand write or use the label on. And, the cards look great. And, the price is right. Tnx agn, Wayne

KD8IWZ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2010 20:08 Send this review to a friend
MORE THAN I EXPECTED!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my cards from Wayne 5-17, found him delightful and fun to talk to. He informed me up front that he had a part on order for his machinery, and the order would take about 10 days. Today, the 10th day, as he promised, I received my order, excellent workmanship, and a few nice little 'extras' were included. I recommend you at least check website, and hopefully place an order with him. Wayne, great job OM
73, Dale

W2MJR Rating: 2/5 Dec 15, 2009 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Okay...but won't use again.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It was after receiving a QSL card for a field day contact that had been produced by Wayne, I felt confident that by placing an order I would receive the same quality work. Unfortunately I did not. That was disappointing.

I placed my order through Wayne's website, and received a prompt reply and confirmation. In both he quoted the details correctly of the cards I had ordered. However, he sent me the wrong cards, and without the requested background.

Immediately I contacted him, and notified him of the error. He looked back at the order paperwork, and acknowledged the error. At no cost, he sent the correct cards by priority mail to me the next day. That however, was not the end of the issues.

When I received the corrected cards, the ink was very badly faded. What should have been solid black ink was faded as though it was left in the sun for too long. I know that was not the case, but just a comparison.

I'm sure Wayne does excellent work 99% of the time, as I have some of his other work in QSL frames in the shack. However, my experience was poor. I was disappointed. I do not plan to use him again, but rather a larger supplier.

If you do choose to buy from Wayne, I sincerely hope your experiences are far better.

N7HR Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2008 12:14 Send this review to a friend
ABSOLUTELY UNSURPASSED!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Waybe reproduced a full color ancient Pan American QSL card featuring the China Clipper landing in Hong Kong harbor. I am a former PanAM
employee and delighted with these beautiful cards! He also made eyeball cards of the same front picture and these also are gorgeous. The qslman W4MPY simply produces the finest QSLs on planet Earth!!! de N7HR

K4KB Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2008 17:11 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT QSLs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These QSLs are of excellent quality (paper, ink, design, etc.) Wayne, has many years in the business and it shows....Experience is what's behind his product. I'm proud of my QSL and will re-order as I need them again.

Thanks Wayne

K4KB

KC2FTN Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2008 17:12 Send this review to a friend
"Not Good..."  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wayne's cards are not good...
They're not even so-so.
I mean...they're not even mediocre.
That's because they are THE BEST !!!

Wayne is my third and last vendor. PERIOD.
Absolutely FANTASTIC cards.
Two thumbs, and two toes up!