Reviews Categories | Microphones | Shure 526-T Help

Reviews Summary for Shure 526-T
Shure 526-T Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Preamplified SSB Microphone

You can write your own review of the Shure 526-T.

DH4SC Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2012 14:09 Send this review to a friend
One of the best!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I now use my 2nd 526T series 2 and I find this to be one of the best microphones in the world.
Loud, clear, punchy, excellent sound on every radio I´ve ever used.

AG4RC Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2009 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a used series-1 Shure 526T on eBay for $25 back in 2003 and it’s worth every penny!

This has been my primary microphone connected to my Kenwood TS-130SE ever since.

PROS:
Just enough of crisp clear natural audio with the TS-130SE gain at 50% and 526T MIC gain at [6] or [7].

CONS:
Although sold/advertised as a CB radio MIC its audio “punch” does not measure up to an amplified TUG8 D104 or a turner Plus3 when connected to a CB radio such as an HR-2150 or Uniden Washington.

My overall rating for HAM radio use is 5/5!

The 526T series-1 user manual can be found on the Shure WEB site in the discontinued microphone section:

The schematic diagram (including DC reference voltages) for the model number 90A2617 preamp PC board can be found on the “BAMA” WEB site:

ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/shure/526t-preamp/Shure%20526T%20Preamp.pdf

Peter – AG4RC

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2007 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent desk top amplified microphone. I own the older(red knob) and newer(black knob) models. Both work very well, giving me clear, natural sounding audio. I driven a Tempo-One and a FT-920 without a problem. This microphone could easily serve as your primary station mic. They don't look too bad either.

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2003 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently picked up a used 526T and use it with my FT-102, and have received many un-solicited great audio reports!! I keep the gain on the no "1" position on the mike, and run the radio with the compressor on. Glad I picked one up.

N1KSN Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2003 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, rugged mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got one of these babies after Shure's production of it stopped, but before AES ran out of them. I rewired it so the pre-amp gets its 9 volts from my Ten Tec Jupiter.

A/B tests with other hams suggested that this mic has a slight edge over my Ten Tec 705 desk mic, which is well known as a very good communications microphone. Yes, it's a bit clunky and sometimes makes me feel as though I should be dispatching taxis, but that may be the price to pay for such ruggedness and a full-bodied cartridge.

I adjusted the gain on the pre-amp so that I can use the same rig settings for both microphones, but the Shure 526-T has become my favorite.

NJ6F Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2003 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Overall Station Mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently acquired this Shure 526-T microphone which was still selling in a recent AES Catalog.
I use it with a FT100-D and it is perfect for the rig. It has a preamp and I have it at 3-3.5 setting with the FT100-D Mic gain at 90.
Yes, you can boost the gain on the mic and in the rig with no distortion. Make sure the FT100 has no DSP on. For weak signals use DSP-2 setting on FT100-D or... just go to Compression on FT100-D set to 70 or so with NO DSP. The mic peaks at about 2KHz and has it over a flat mic curve. Yes I have experimented with local hams as to settings mentioned. There is plenty of clean audio for rigs such as FT817 5 watt types. Works well with Yeasu rigs.