Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta PathMINDER Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta PathMINDER
Alpha Delta PathMINDER Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $140.00
Description: The Alpha Delta PathMINDER is a six position, digitally controlled, coax switch. It provides features
never before found in an RF coax switch. As a normal switch, it can switch up to 6 coax outputs with the press of soft - touch front panel buttons. Internal relays handle up to 1500 watts with very little insertion loss, 1.8 thru 54 MHz. Provided with SO-239 (UHF) type connectors.

More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta PathMINDER.

W9LVM Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2009 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Best Switch I have seen!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Found one on QTH.COM and managed to be the first one to answer ad! Just came today and I am using it with one antenna and 6 radios. This makes my station operate first class! It is just to bad they stopped making this unit. I am going to try and locate one more for my station.

KD7T Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2005 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Performs flawlessly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this switch at a local Swapfest about two years ago & if has performed perfectly. i run 100 watts or less thru the witch with no problems. If I could find another I'd buy it!

K7BEN Rating: 0/5 Oct 1, 2003 21:49 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these about six months ago. It is loaded with features, but its all junk. Everything on it was cheap from the buttons to the case. The thing failed after about three days use. I called the company and they said I needed a new one. I just paid the shipping back to HRO and got my money back. I donít know about you, but I need something much more reliable than a three day switch.

KA3AIN Rating: 2/5 Sep 25, 2003 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Preforms as advertised, but has quality control problems.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Alpha Delta Pathminder is fairly well designed and has some unique features not found on most antenna switches. It performed as advertised out of the box however there were some problems.
One problem I experienced ocured when tuning up on 40 meters. A loud pop came from within the Pathminder. Further investigation found that the Pathminder SO-239 coaxial connector had flashed over between the connector and the chassis. There are 7 of these connectors mounted on the chassis rear and all of the mounting ring nuts needed tightened. Some of the connectors (about 1/2) had a lock washer with a ground lug. The ones with the ground lug were wired to the PC board the others were not. I don't know why they all did not have lock washer lug nuts. This may be by design or mistake.
Another problem I had was when I installed the Pathminder. The left to right order of the coax connectors on the rear pannel is the reverse of the front pannel control buttons. This is not a problem if you know this, but it can be confusing when making connections.
Also the front pannel switches are labeled 1 thru 6, but this requires the operator to remember which number is which antenna. A write on label would be a great improvement. I made my own and placed it near the control buttons.
After tightning the coaxial connectors, the Pathminder has not had any further problems while running hi-power on 80, 40, and 20 meters. I would caution anyone purchasing the Pathminder to check the coaxial connector ring nuts before transmitting, and I suggest that Alpha Delta include a schematic diagram with the operating instructions.