Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | HA1YA ME1500-V Help

Reviews Summary for HA1YA ME1500-V
HA1YA ME1500-V Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1,500
Description: From Gabi, HA1YA. Best bang for the buck. Very solid VHF amplifier running about 1300 Watt carrier.
More info: http://www.pollak.sulinet.hu/elektro/pa_rev/pa_rev.htm

You can write your own review of the HA1YA ME1500-V.

DK5EW Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2008 09:10 Send this review to a friend
solid work horse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm a owner of the ME 1500-V for 2 years with additional LED bars for Pout GridTemp/Reflecter Power and so on. This version also has some additional protections. After I got my PA I had problems caused by inner arc of the tube. Gabi changed tube for free and since them the PA is running perfect on JT65b/FSK441 and 24 hours contests. The Pout max I measured is max 1200 watts and at digi modes stable 950 watts. Pout is also depending on your line voltage 230V - if you have less also Pout is a bit lower I measured. The GS35b tube is not getting very hot but I added also a 2.fan at tube blow out.
At all I'm absolutely happy with the PA and I won't miss it in a pileup.

73's Erwin/DK5EW

A71AW Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2006 13:35 Send this review to a friend
Solid, Reliable, Best Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been a happy user of the ME1500V for about 4 months. Since I removed it from its packing, I have been regularly stressing it almost daily with 1 KW of JT65b carrier for 1-2 hours, in other words, I use it like I hate it!. This is a realy rugged amp, just give it a good ventilation, low VSWR, push it slightly under its rated power, and you can expect many years of trouble free VHF operations.

DK7BY Rating: 4/5 Sep 23, 2003 02:49 Send this review to a friend
Mods ME1500-V  Time owned: more than 12 months
The grid area is critical. The grid has two jobs, to shield hf and to shield from dirt and dust. If flys or spiders with long legs are sucked in by the fan, the legs can reach the stripe line and make an hf short circuit with the result that the grid-gaze burns away.

So it is heavily recommend to place a second grid to prevent dust and insects. The build in papst fan must get airfree from the outside, so to place a second grid between fan and backside of the pa. For this operation you only have to put away the fan and replace it with grid. It is easy, cause the nuts are fixed with the core. After this the protection is perfect.

See modification: