Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Icom E90 Help

Reviews Summary for Icom E90
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 6m 2m 70cm handheld with wide ranging scanning inc FDM broadcast and am airband

You can write your own review of the Icom E90.

M1CXF Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2015 14:39 Send this review to a friend
absolute excellence in a tiny box  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of the ones modified to cover 70mhz and I doubt if I will ever sell it. I have made plans to take it to my grave. The difficulty I ever have is the length of time to charge. A desk charger is the way to go, but they are still very expensive.
M5DZH Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2010 01:31 Send this review to a friend
Handy little Handy...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent little piece of kit but does get very warm on TX without a case/external mic.
Only had it a couple of days, bought second hand but very impressed with the build, performance and ease of use something when your out and about you want simple...local contacts on 500mw simplex very good and 5 watts full TX very handy for portable/mobile operation rather than putting a mobile radio in the car etc.
Possibly look at buying monoband antennas as the rubber duck is like the FT817 antenna a three piece item and knowing me I'll lose one bit HiHi,
Overall very satisfied and will update after some further use.
F4EPP Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2006 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Good indeed  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent Vhf/Uhf transceiver.
I use it very often, even at the work, and never had any problem. If you give it the appropriate antenna, it will work properly !
One of the only things I miss is the low output HP power. In a noisy environment it's getting hard to hear it particularly if you wear it near the belt.
But the hp is ok for ham use .
Outside the amateur bands the output power decreases. 2.5 W full power on 458 MHZ for example even with an appropriate antenna.
Charging time is 12 Hours with the standard feature. You really need to change the original antenna if you want to hear something outside ham bands and to find out his real performances. Monoband antennas are always much better than usual dualband antennas but it's harder to find them in SMA conection.
Price is really nice now and don't hesitate to buy it if you need a small and solid transceiver and want to use it in mobil station or walking down the street ! (I do it often...)