Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Amateur Electronic Supply AES PCL-1 Pro Communications Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Amateur Electronic Supply AES PCL-1 Pro Communications Speaker
Amateur Electronic Supply AES PCL-1 Pro Communications Speaker Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $19.99
Description: 4", 8 ohm, 20 watt rated, 300 Hz-5000 Hz, full magnatic shielding, 5" w x 4.3" h x 3.2" d, 1.7 lbs.

You can write your own review of the Amateur Electronic Supply AES PCL-1 Pro Communications Speaker.

WA6AWZ Rating: 4/5 May 27, 2003 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Good overall speaker, mobile or shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As of this review date, AES lists this as "closeout", but I had no problem ordering. Well built with metal grille. Feels heavy and durable. Plain, no-nonsense appearance is great too.

Good bass response for a smaller speaker. Radios that are a little tinny-sounding would benefit greatly. Bassier audio (like with my Yaesu FT-2600M) doesn't do as quite as well. Using lower volumes, such as in the shack, it would be great. 20W rated.

Good buy at $19.99 + shipping (and no tax if you're lucky!)

AES is always a pleasure to deal with.

WR2W Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2003 20:34 Send this review to a friend
AES PCL-1 Pro Communications Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was not happy with the Radio Shack communications speakers I had ($15)...too many highs, and too little lows. I bought these AES PCL-1 speakers for $20 each from Amateur Electronic Supply. I have to say they have great sound reproduction, good frequency response, and I can understand weak signals too. They have Full magnetic shielding so I don't have to worry about where I place them. I bought large rubber bases at Radio Shack, and now they look great next to my radios. They sound better than several of the "matching" speakers I've had which cost much more!