Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface
Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $25.00
Description: This unit works with Icom Rigs that have the CT-17 Option.
Rigs include: IC-271, IC-471, IC-706. IC-725, IC-726, IC-728, IC-735, IC-736, IC-746, IC-756, IC-761, IC-764, IC-765, IC-775, IC-781, IC-970, IC-R71, IC-R72, IC-R700, IC-R7000, IC-R7100 and IC-R9000.

* Unit will work with IC-751, but NOT with the IC-751A.

This interface was tested using Commander software, and also TRX Manager, and should work well with most rig control software. (Software is NOT included, but can be downloaded from the web.)
No external power required, as the unit is powered from the computer serial port.

Will also work with similar connection on:
TENTEC: DELTA II, ARGONAUT II, OMNI VI, PARAGON:

We now have rig control interfaces for Kenwood radios
More info: http://www.donnerstore.com

You can write your own review of the Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface.

KI4TZU Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2009 01:24 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT/PRICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DONNER'S PRODUCTS ARE VERY WELL MADE AND SURE PRICED BELOW MOST OTHERS. LOVE THE ISOLATION FEATURES.WANTED TO GET MY KENWOOD TS-450 INTERFACED BACK INTO THE COMPUTER AGAIN. WAS USING ZLP PRODUCTS (SIMPLE RIG INTERFACE/USB TO SERIAL ADAPTER) AND THINGS JUST STOPPED WORKING FOR SOME REASON AND NEVER GOT IT BACK RIGHT. CALLED CAROLYN AND GOT THE RIG CONTROL MAILED. ALSO ORDERED THEIR USB TO SERIAL ADAPTER, VERY NICE WITH 3 LEDS FOR RX/PWR/TX (MY SERIAL PORT ON THE PC IS OCCUPIED BY A LDG AT-200PC AUTOTUNER). THEY WORK VERY WELL...PLEASED AS CAN BE...THANKS DONNER

K8YZK Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2009 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Equipment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the rig control interface for my 746Pro. Arrived in 2 days, read the instruction sheet, hooked it up and started Ham Radio Deluxe. Worked right the first time. Now I am waiting for the digital interface to come to get back on digital modes.
Another happy customer (my 5th interface from Donner). I would recommend them to anyone, plus the service I have gotten from Whitey and Carolyn has been outstanding and that is why I keep coming back.

Kurt

N0SSC Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2008 18:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent AND Inexpensive  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got this interface when i bought my hf rig, an IC-746. At first impression i doubted it would work at all, but that doubt turned into happiness after i plugged it in and started making some of my first digital contacts. My only nitpick is the absence of CW keying through the computer...I had to do the sweepstakes contest using SSB and having my mic to the computer speakers. (Sorry key lovers, i don't have a full grasp on 30 wpm cw hihi) Regardless, i do recommend it because of its price and ease of use.

W6MQI Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 11:58 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What can I say Donners interfaces just work and work great I could'nt have made one for as cheap as they sell'em for.

73 Dave
Rigs used with Donners,Ten tec omni vi plus, Ic-729, Ic 7000, Ic-275a.

N8TNJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2007 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Just works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well this is my 3rd interface from Donner (all different radios) Hooked it up and no surprise, it worked. Just like all the rest. Very friendly people to deal with. Can't be beat!!!

KB6YH Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2007 20:15 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have bought and used two different models of Donner interfaces. One was for my Tempo 2020 and the other for an Icom 745. Both worked well for me. I used Cw-get and Digipan software. It took me longer to get the Icom 745 one working. The problem was choosing the correct audio output of the computer and using correct sound card settings. Psk-31 is amazing. Very weak stations can be worked with ease. You cannot send CW with the basic interface, but I'd rather use a key than a keyboard. In my opinion it does what it is supposed to do very well.

KA4AIY Rating: 2/5 Oct 22, 2007 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Good idea, but not for CW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Disappointed.. bought one for ICOM 718 after reading all the hype making me feel that it was fool proof... that is, it would work in all modes... but it didn't. I tried it with several S/W programs like HamScope... just trying to do CW mode from keyboard as well as PSK31. It won't work in CW so asked "Carolyn" and she said her interface only works in SSB mode with ICOM... I was looking for an all purpose interface so I could do both PSK31 and CW. Thus the interface is limited... so I was duped into thinking all modes were possible... Carolyn noted that I could do CW if I bought an optional add-on her "transmitting only" interface. I wish all the "players" (especially ICOM) in the marketplace could be more accurate in disseminating data for us "digitally challenged" old timers so we can make intelligent purchasing decisions. Anybody want to buy a slightly used Donner interface for an ICOM 718?

KI4KFS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2007 19:22 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a digital interface for my Icom 746PRO after locating them through a Google search and reading the very positive reviews on eHam. I was not disappointed. Shipping was fast, packaging was excellent and quality is top notch. I had some difficulty getting it to play nice with my PC but Carolyn Donner was very helpful and we got it up and running very quickly. Carolyn's responses to my emails were almost instantaneous. I'm using Digipan 2.0 and the interface is working perfectly. Thanks Carolyn!

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2007 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the rig control and sound card interfaces based largely on the strength of the reviews on eHam. I was not disappointed. I am using both with Ham Radio Deluxe and PSK Deluxe and they work perfectly. Completely worth the money.

N0ODK Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2006 14:21 Send this review to a friend
IC-756PRO to Logger32 program interface cable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called and ordered a rig control cable. I received it in three days (I seem to have mail a day slower then most people). Carolyn was very nice on telephone and everything seemed to go good.
I hooked up cable from IC-756PRO to my computer and re-booted. Started LOGGER32 and configured radio port for radio 1 - comm1 - ICOM - DTR/RTS set to High - then hit OK.
Started telnet through W0TDX (AC0X) and got posts. I can click on DX calls and radio goes to freq/mode/band. Everything works great. I don't have to hand type enter everything in logbook now, time and date, ect. Everything is automatic. When you dial around the band, enter call for QSO on Logger32 and everything is automatically entered.
I also got the Transmit and receive Digital Interface cable but have not tried that yet, in a couple days. That is for PSK31, RTTY, ect. when I use Logger32.
These interface cables are great between radio and computer. Provides protection and allows you to use whatever software program you want to use.
Mike