Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface
Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $25.00
Description: This unit works with Icom Rigs that have the CT-17 Option.
Rigs include: IC-271, IC-471, IC-706. IC-725, IC-726, IC-728, IC-735, IC-736, IC-746, IC-756, IC-761, IC-764, IC-765, IC-775, IC-781, IC-970, IC-R71, IC-R72, IC-R700, IC-R7000, IC-R7100 and IC-R9000.

* Unit will work with IC-751, but NOT with the IC-751A.

This interface was tested using Commander software, and also TRX Manager, and should work well with most rig control software. (Software is NOT included, but can be downloaded from the web.)
No external power required, as the unit is powered from the computer serial port.

Will also work with similar connection on:
TENTEC: DELTA II, ARGONAUT II, OMNI VI, PARAGON:

We now have rig control interfaces for Kenwood radios
More info: http://www.donnerstore.com

You can write your own review of the Donners Digital Interfaces - Rig Control Interface.

N6UGZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2005 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had the unit within 2 days of order worked as advertised with my ICOM 746 PRO using Ham Radio Deluxe software. My computer only has USB ports, purchased a serial to USB adaptor from Best Buy ($35.00) no problems encountered.

N8BY Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2005 16:24 Send this review to a friend
You cant beat this Unit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Carolyn Donner shipped it immediately. The price was right, especially compared to the Icom interface. The interface worked flawlessly right out of the box. A real Plug and Play unit.

N3TUZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2005 03:07 Send this review to a friend
Prompt, friendly service; quality product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Needed an interface for a "dead" FT-757GX that had been gathering dust on the shelf for almost 9 years, but had come back to life with a recently discovered reset procedure! Given the option of using 3 RCA jacks in the back or having the mic connector thrown into the mix, I opted to keep cables from cluttering up the front of the rig and chose the RCA jacks, only, setup. Placed the order on a Saturday afternoon and the unit arrived, as promised, on Wednesday. The plugs, all on extra long cables, were all color coded and the printed instructions, including a diagram, made making a hookup mistake IMPOSSIBLE ... and a contact was made on the first try! A friendly, "if you have any questions or problems with the interface, don't hesitate to get back to us by phone or email", was added prior to hanging up. A Rascal purchased a few years ago didn't include such clear instructions and was housed in, of all things, a plastic G,I. soapdish, and the price was the same as paid for the Donner! Oh, if I had only known then what I know now!

K4CHD Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2005 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Whitey at Donner's offers two things that can't be beat...A great product and old fashioned "I care about you" service. Ordered an interface for my 2020 but sold the radio and bought a new 718. Donner's took back my unopened interface for the 2020 and sent me a new one for the 718.
Why would anyone buy somewhere else? Add free DigiPan and you are running PSK31 in minutes.

K3PL Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2005 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After getting an interface cable from MFJ that did not work I decided, on the recomendation of a friend to try this Donner cable. I ordered it Sunday evening via the internet and had it Wensday morning. Very fast shipping. I found it to be very well made and most importanly it worked perfect right out of the box. It's a great value at $25.00.

WA3G Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2005 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Works First Try  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great! I bought this after a piece of junk from MFJ were DOA(warrantee cable also DOA).

Donner's had fast service, nicely built and worked as soon as plugged in.

AB9IO Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2005 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Very cool!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't have a lot of room in my shack, so the rig has to sit off to the side. The interface allows me to control it without reaching over constantly. It's well built and cooperates well with both my main computer and my old laptop. Fast shipping and great communication from Carolyn, too! Thanks!!!

N0HHS Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2004 12:18 Send this review to a friend
good value; great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am unlucky to have an old laptop (Compaq Armada M300, c. 1995) that is one of the very few models that do not provide enough juice from the serial port to power the IC in this (and other related) interface cables. I emailed Donners for help or a return. Gary emailed me right back with a diagram showing where to apply 9V externally to the chip if this was indeed my problem. I soldered on a battery holder, snapped in a 9V batt, and wham it worked FB with Ham Radio Deluxe and my 706MkIIG.

Great service, and a good value, (especially compared to $140 for the Icom interface...).

W6JSM Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2004 15:47 Send this review to a friend
New Yaesu Models  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the new rig interface for the Yaesu FT-817, works very well with 817 Commander and my Compaq Presario laptop using a Radioshack USB to Serial interface adapter. Also very happy with my Donners sound card interface for my FT-920 for PSK. These are great a value for the dollar.

VE3QAC Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2004 00:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A very good product and good company to deal with.
I highly recommend all their products.