Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | microHAM micro TEN SWITCH Help

Reviews Summary for microHAM micro TEN SWITCH
microHAM micro TEN SWITCH Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: micro TEN SWITCH is a high performing, high power rated, rugged remotely controled antenna switch. Antenna switch can handle 10 antennas to one exciter output. It can be fit up inside the shack or outside on the tower.
More info: http://www.microham.com/

You can write your own review of the microHAM micro TEN SWITCH.

ON5ZO Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2003 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Heavy duty material  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
We all know the big players on the antenna switching market, 'proudly made in the USA', and I was thinking of buying one of these products. But one day I saw an ad for microHAM, a new Slovakian company. I contacted them by email and got a prompt reply with lots of extra info and a price quote. Hmm, a European company starting out and no product reviews to be found: it was a gamble to me.

But I decided to order one anyway, as it had more antenna ports than the ones I had seen and the price was OK compared to the more known brands, even with the N connectors I requested. I did an international payment and the switch was sent right after microHAM had received my payment.

Then I got a letter from Belgian customs (yep, a 'red tape story'); they (!) had lost he shipping documents and I (!) had to send them a copy ASAP or else the parcel would return to sender. I mailed to Jozef OM7ZZ, who is the contact person, and only one hour later, I got a copy of the requiered documents in the mailbox that I could fax to the customs department. Now, this is what I call service!

So in brief:
* product matches manufacturer's description
* product works as it should
* service is VERY good and fast reply
* all terminals are labelled and the switcher's housing has a nice finish and is built to last, even outside
* I had no problems of getting this thing to work on a homebrew band decoder (microHAM does sell interesting band decoders too!)
* you can view some nice frequency sweep plots measuring SWR and insertion loss (none of the other brands offer this to my knowledge)
* it works great and is very rugged...

I can recommend this product and I'm pretty sure all their other products will meet these standards too.

- Franki ON5ZO