Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-11MP Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-11MP Autotuner
LDG AT-11MP Autotuner Reviews: 101 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $239
Description: Automatic antenna tuner kit
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-11MP Autotuner.

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This tuner has tuned everything I've hooked to it. I've used it in the automatic mode, as well as pressing the tune button. Call me old-school, I just like having meters to view SWR, and the cross-needle meter is the cat's meow.

KG8Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2013 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Flawless mobile / portable tuning  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok so I purchased the AT-11MP for my "go" box. It has sat in a water tight Pelican box for 10 yrs. or so. I use it perhaps once a year maybe every other year when I go on a camping trip or a occasional scout outing. It has always performed flawlessly. Just connect it up and hit the button- bing! Lately though I've been spending a considerable time in the car going to and from work. Running a Hustler 40m coil and 7' stainless steel mast connected to a ball mount, this antenna/ mount combo works btw, I wanted however to be able to work the whole band.

What to do???? hey I've got the AT-11MP. I wonder if it would satisfactorily work mobile? Pressing it into service I mounted it at the back of the vehicle just a few inches from the ball. Using copper strapping to bond the AT-11 to ground and coming out of the unit with about 8" of #10 THHN solid wire to feed the ball, let's give her a try.

This thing works! It tunes a 1.1:1 swr top to bottom of the 40m band effortlessly. The resonant freq. on 40m with the coil alone is 7.235. Put on the 17m coil and it will tune the entire band expectedly however it will tune 15m also and 20m as well. ( I have a 20m coil but not a 15)It tunes 10 like a breeze too.

I am thoroughly pleased with the 11MP. It's a very versatile tuner, mobile or fixed station, it works like a champ.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2012 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Still chugging along!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Built this kit some 10 years ago (I think it was about 10) use it for a couple of years, then a life change forced me to put ham radio on the shelf along with this tuner.

Well, about 2 months ago I ran across the tuner in box, plugged it all in on my K2 and its been great since then!! It easily matches my dipole fed through a 4:1 balun.

I wish it had memories, but I can live without them.

I can't see upgrading unless this unit takes a dive.

Cheers All....

AK7P Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2012 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Still going strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review for my AT-11MP after nearly a decade of use. My initial review was made in 2004 with the same high rating. In my original post I had experienced limited use on some wire antennas subject to high wind and rain on the coast. Since then I have used my auto tuner on homebrew wires / verticals / fans / slopers / beams, etc... and it still performs flawlessly. It continues to tune anything I throw at it and sits right up on top of my Palstar (another great tuner) used with my backup rig and on field day expeditions. Like someone else mentioned, I'll never sell it but you might get it at my estate sale...

N9MXY Rating: 4/5 Apr 25, 2012 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Good Tuner but can no longer upgrade!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
FYI ATTENTION EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!
THE CPU FOR THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!! W4RT is out of them!

N1ZHE Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2011 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Never Let It Go!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't believe I got this when I got my General over 10 years ago!

This tuner was used daily with no problems with my Icom IC-706MkIIG until I got my Ten-Tec Omni VII. Now the 706 is used for VHF/UHF work but can always be pressed for backup HF work with the tuner if I ever need to send my Omni VII back to Ten-Tec for service.

I used to think this tuner was loud (and it was) but over the years it has softened up quite a bit in the amount of racket it makes. I have not modded it in any way so there's no memories, etc.

Sorry folks, if you want this tuner you'll have to wait for my estate sale!

W9DZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2011 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Never a problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had experience with two of the 11MP's, one in kit form and the other factory wired. The version 1.6 firmware is still available from W4RT and is a worthwhile improvement. It tunes faster than version 1.5 and remembers the last tuned configuration when last powered down. I especially like the cross needle power/swr meter. Most of the LDG line now uses LED indicators. I never thought the noise was that bad and now that it has 200 memories it tunes my R7 vertical and 40M delta loop in just a fraction of a second. I'm pleased!

PG00023016 Rating: 1/5 Apr 10, 2011 04:47 Send this review to a friend
Breaks/send back, receive and repeat.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Loud enough to awaken a baby sleepining in the next house. First time it quit I sent it in for repair. Second time I sold it. LDG? Never Again.

N1KSN Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Good choice for Alinco DX-77T  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these used along with a DX-77T some years ago. When I bought a second DX-77T (one of the last new ones in the USA) I tried using it with a newer LDG tuner. It didn't work, so I found a second used AT-11MP. (The LDG guy I spoke to said it must have been a subtle timing change in their software.) Both units have had the "newest" software installed.

This tuner does a great job with my 100 foot doublet that is fed with a 4:1 balun and 300 ohm twin lead. I wish it had latching relays, but that's a minor quibble. I just push the DX-77T Tune button and I get a fast match, which is remembered for the next time.

I am very satisfied with this tuner and expect to use it for several years to come.

K1YPB Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2010 17:02 Send this review to a friend
A really good tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
In simple words... this is a really good tuner. No fancy bells or whistles. Quality components, good construction... it just works! I sometimes wonder if the essence of this has not been lost on subsequent newer versions of this tuner.