Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-11MP Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-11MP Autotuner
LDG AT-11MP Autotuner Reviews: 101 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $239
Description: Automatic antenna tuner kit
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-11MP Autotuner.

N7QAX Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2010 18:54 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the tuner new in 2002 or 2003, always worked well. I have used with three rig, ts-140 ft-100d and ic756pro3. I was a navy reservist and took the ft-100d and at-11mp with me to Kuwait in 2004. For a few weeks I used the rig and tuner on the Iraqi oil plateform (KAAOT) still the tuner well in a pretty rough environment( sea air, etc)

G7IGB Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2010 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Good ATU but noisy relays  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've recently acquired an AT-11MP through an exchange deal and I'm very pleased with this older model LDG 'auto-tuner'. It matches a much wider range of antennas than my Z-100 and also has a built in cross needle SWR and power meter. It's a good size desktop unit and the solid metal case gives it a well made feel, especially compared to the Z-100. The toggle type switches are probably not the best idea for good ergonomics, but I find them easy to use and well spaced for my fingers.

My one complaint would be that the relays are very noisy when tuning, far noisier than the Z-100 which I've been using. When I first used it I thought that there must be a problem, as the clicking sound is definitely the loudest that I've heard on any 'auto-tuner'. It came with the V1.6 upgrade installed, so I can't really compare it to the older versions, but suffice to say that the memories work and it tunes up quickly on most bands.

5R8GQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2009 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner, Easy Build  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built this tuner from a kit, back when they were still available. Someone here said it was "For Experienced Builders". HUH?? Aside from winding some VERY simple toroids on large cores, all the assembly involves is stuffing two PC boards. Alignment was simple using another wattmeter. This tuner works very well and I use it mostly when operating potable. Even matches long wires without any sort of balun (if you have a good counterpoise or ground). I still have the chip it came with, never saw the need to upgrade. Have used this tuner 6-7 years and nary a problem with it ever. The only auto tuner I have seen that works better is the low power ATU in my Elecraft K2. THAT thing will match an 8 foot wire on 40m!

N2CYY Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2008 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner /Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had my AT-11MP for a couple of years (and was very satisfied with it's operation) when it suddenly gave up the ghost. I have to say the LDG Customer Service is SUPERB !!! It took less than 2 weeks for me to ship the tuner back, have LDG fix it & upgrade it, and have LDG ship it back to my QTH ! The service was very fast, the tuner fixed correctly, AND the repair was very reasonably priced, so much so, that I can't see how they could have covered there costs without losing money. It's a great tuner backed by great service. Way to Go LDG !

K5YF Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2008 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Great with V1.6  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
IF it has the v1.6 chip in it, this is one fast and accurate tuner. I used it almost every day for 3 months with chip v1.5 making a 30 foot vertical antenna do 80-10. Let's just say I liked it but knew it should do better. With the v1.6 chip it tunes much much much faster and is spot on accurate.

If you have the v1.5 chip, do yourself a favor and get the upgrade to v1.6. You will not be disappointed. It is a simple upgrade and comes with very good instructions.

It isn't quiet while tuning however. Not as loud as running over a marble with the vacuum, but similar sounding.

-Brandon
-N5JYK

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2008 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello, I purchased mine used 3 years back and upgraded it about 2 years ago. I use an IC-746 into a HB kw amp with no tuned input. It has worked 100% on all the various antennas I have. These include dipoles for 160-80 and 40 and a tri-bander for 20-15-10. I had at one time a full size loop for 160, and it was OK for that antenna as well. Since the amp has a wide range of PI net work I really do not use the Ten Tec 229A (no, I'm not selling it). I have had other MANUAL tuners between the driver and amp but will NOT go that route again. I enjoy the FAST accurate tune-up and cross needle. The up/down switches have been used occasionally but most often are not necessary. No negative issues to report. I'm happy with this unit. 73

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2007 04:55 Send this review to a friend
works flawless  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine for abt 4 years. Did the upgrade a while back. Unit works flawless. Never had a problem with lockups. No RF in the shack helps this! I would not part with it for 2 times the price. even tunes the slinky to 60 meters!

AA9YP Rating: 1/5 Nov 28, 2007 22:11 Send this review to a friend
not that great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is probably the worst tuner I have ever had. Dont get me wrong, when it works it works well, but that is the problem, keeping it working.
I have sent this thing back to LDG 3 times and now I either need to send it back or chuck it in the trash. No I didnt abuse it, it abused itself. I know that the relays have a finite life but this thing eats them and then goes nuts. It does the same thing each and everytime it dies. I am serious, I probably would do better with a MFJ tuner.

KE6TNN Rating: 4/5 Aug 13, 2007 08:41 Send this review to a friend
get the upgrade!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my AT-11MP tuner for years, but was a bit unimpressed with the performance. Then I installed the upgrade about a month ago, and the difference is like night and day. Much better performance now. Definately worth the twenty-four bucks or so that the upgrade costs.

The only thing that I don't care for now is the fragile toggle switches. I hand-carried it with me to Iraq, and it is a miracle that none of them got broken. Push buttons would be much more appropriate for a tuner that gets packed around a lot, and I suppose that is probably one of the main reasons why this model has been discontinued.

W6EOD Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2007 03:03 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It tunes fast and effectively. The size of the tuner is a bit larger than I had pictured in my mind but if that is it's only fault then it is one I can live with. Grab one if you find it out there, they are worth having!