Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Cushcraft A270-10S Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft A270-10S
Cushcraft A270-10S Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $100
Description: 10-ele Dual band Yagi (2m and 70cm)
with end-mounting and harness
More info: http://www.cushcraft.com/amateur/details.asp?catid=182

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft A270-10S.

W3TEZ Rating: 4/5 Mar 14, 2011 09:30 Send this review to a friend
works great, with a modification  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
very well constructed antenna, very pleased, but the only complaint i have is about connecting the 2 yagis together with the 3 way t connector. i tested the antenna out with my ht and noticed that when you have the 2 yagis connected together like that, it really kills your receive. local repeaters about 10 miles away were coming in like they were 150 miles at like 4 s units when they should be full scale. so what i reccomend which i figured out works very well is to run 2 seperate feed lines for each yagi and use an antenna switch in your shack. since running two seperate feedlines, i noticed a night and day difference and could hear many repeaters with a full scale signal on both 2m and 70cm.

KQ4XB Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2010 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great antenna. No problem hitting the Catalina repeater over 100 miles away with as little as 5 watts. SWR is low across the bands. Very easy to tune with the reddi-match. I consider the antenna easy to put together - 1 to 2 hours maximum assembly time. The antenna, while directional, still picks up signals from left, right, and back well (a plus for me). The only problem I've had is some corrosion on the reddi-match input. The input is aluminum and the connector is iron or steel. Be sure to apply silicon grease to this area as the manual instructs and it should be fine. Bought mine about 15 years ago (1995) - it serves me well.

K2FOX Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2010 04:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased the antenna last week, assembly took less than an hour. Directions were clear and easy to follow. All parts were included (had a few extra nuts and bolts). Very pleased with performance.

VA3XQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2009 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Made the Cushcraft way ,rugged and well designed. Took me a about an hour to put it together, nice piece of work and really works excellent. One of the better antennas I have used at an affordable price.

KG6YRG Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2009 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had it for almost 3 years.

Easy to assemble.

The 270-10 is mounted on a rotator mast, and is situated above a 3-element yagi for six meters.

Works great for ssb. Have a separate antenna for 2 meter FM.

VK7HDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2008 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for me (and maybe 4 U)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good solid design (usual Cushcraft high standards) but lightweight and a light duty will turn it around no problems. Real to easy to tune (SWR) on 2/70cm. I could tell you this and I could tell you that about it and how it works "on air" just check out the other reviews and you will see what I'm on about.......

73.. Karl
VK7HDX

W4KPA Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Went together easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
It took me about an hour to get mine together. All the parts were there and everything fit. It works great. I use mine for portable work, especially mountaintopping. It fits in the bed of my pick up truck fully assembled, so I can just stick it up on the pole when I get where I'm going.

KI4UAJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 17:04 Send this review to a friend
Easy to Assemble/ Great Coverage  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I opened the box of the A270-10S, sat down and read over the assembly instructions a couple of times, then layed out the parts, assembled it IAW the directions, approxiamately 1 hour later it was done. I mounted mine up @23ft with a rotor and in the Horizontal position. I hit every repeater within 35 miles on 10 watts, On 2mtr SSB i have had QSOs out to 150 miles so far. In the Horizontal mode you can pin point the other party.

If you really want to lower the SWRs on both bands it is a No-Brainer, just follow the instructions and use a good SWR meter.

The is a very reliable antenna as are just about all of the Cushcraft antennas, I am installing a Cushcraft MA5B also

NT9M Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Reliable workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm sorry to see the previous reviewer had such difficulty in assembly. Thankfully, my experience was much better. I took my time and in less than one hour the antenna was ready to mount. Mine was used for the last five years as an FM antenna, as I have other yagis and quads for weak signal work. Working distant repeaters at a height of 55 feet was a breeze. I recently moved, so the antenna is down until I get another tower in the air, and I'm thinking of using it for satellite work this time. You can certainly buy larger antennas with better specs, but for FM use you probably don't need to. Two thumbs up !

KV4BL Rating: 0/5 Jan 22, 2008 04:14 Send this review to a friend
Assembly Not USer Friendly  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this piece of $#*% several months ago. As I am not an avid do-it-yourselfer and my time is at a premium, I was most disappointed at the totally non-intuitive assembly. Again, I am NOT Bob Vila and they expect you to be able to recognize various sizes of nuts, washers, etc and instinctively know what they are so when you have to put a given size in a given place, you are ( I guess they expect) supposed to automatically know what goes where. I made my comments known when sending in the warranty card and I guess Cush-Craft didn't care as they never replied. Several months later, this crap is still on my spare room floor and will probably remain so until I get a chance to dump it. Cush-Craft could have at least separated the parts (washers, nuts, bolts, whatever) a lot better according to size, description, and stage of assembly. Not impressed and will not likely buy anything else from them. Have assembled antennas from other manufacturers like Arrow in the past without difficulty.