Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Yaesu FP-30 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FP-30
Yaesu FP-30 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $200
Description: Internal switching power supply for the Yaesu FT-897
More info: http://N/A

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FP-30.

XE1VE3OQC Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2006 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Great accessory!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had problems with my linear supply,created a lot of noise from the unit especially on HF.Bought this to go to the beach with the 897d and is a great little accessory.
Good job Yaesu!!!!!!!!

Glenn,XE1/VE3OQC

KE4IZA Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2006 07:46 Send this review to a friend
BEST ACCESSORY YET!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had a month to evaluate the FP-30 and have found it to be an excellent investment. There is NO RF hash or noise and having everything in a self contained package is great. The FP-30 does not even get warm and is rated at 22A so it should have all the power the FT-897D will ever need. Now my external power supply can be dedicated to powering other shack equipment. All in all I am happy with this setup. Some may find the Yaesu retail price a little steep but I find it worht the cost.

OH5HZW Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2005 23:25 Send this review to a friend
Great optional power supply!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned for a month now.No RF noise in FT-897D.Price was little high but I am very satisfied it.Now I can take my rig everywhere!

KD5ZWF Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2005 16:15 Send this review to a friend
All In One  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my FP-30 and installed it on my Ft 897 that I have owned for over a year now. Works just like it should and no problems at all. I can't even tell the difference in performance from my external power supply I was using. Now I can have full power without lugging around an external power supply or even a car battery when I go portable.(of course I need AC power but if not I can always go back to my internal batteries) Now when I travel I can just take the radio and any wire antenna and be on the air in no time from any location. Great little all-in-one radio!

73's Dallas

KD5MJJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2004 11:04 Send this review to a friend
no hash here.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i bought it along with the ft897 about a month ago. I have interchanged it witrh an ASTRON non switching PS a number of times. I honestly can not tell the difference in terms of performance or hash ( there isn't any that I notice with either PS). I work CW 40 meters and higher.

The combination is an amazingly small package on my desk.
73 Hank

IW1GEU Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2004 05:19 Send this review to a friend
"THE" 897 PSU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I bought the Yaesu FT-897 I was looking for a nice all-in-one transportable rig.
PRO:
With optional power supply Yaesu FP-30 it's just perfect. It fits very nicely at the bottom of the rig and you cannot notice it.
I have done cros checking with an external power supply and so far I do not notice any interference caused by the FP30. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe it is just how it should work. Anyway I would recommend it to all 897 olders.
CONS:
Its price here in Italy is quite expensive, although buying it online from Germany does provide a way of saving.

KC0LUX Rating: 2/5 Nov 10, 2003 01:52 Send this review to a friend
Fair PS with problems.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The FP-30 I have is terribly noisy, all HF bands with S7 RF hash making it difficult to hear. I sent it in for warranty repair and it is maybe 50% better with some clear frequencies, but intermittent occurence of the same less intense noise on all bands. At least now around S3, so I can manage pretty well on receive. Strangely after the warranty service, if I press the PTT on the microphone briefly and transmit, for a brief time the noise will cease, then gradually return. I have relegated it to the closet for the time being and plan to call Vertex to ask for further assistance. If this is the best it can be, will probably replace it with a different power supply; unfortuncately, since the package sure is nice with the radio. Have to recommend avoiding this one.

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2003 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice power supply from Yaesu.Produce absolutely
no RF noise in my FT-897.Does not get warm even
during long transmissions.Make a nice one-box
setup for portable operation or limited-space shack.Price a little higher here in Canada but
comparable with external aftermarket models.
I am planning to make a special power cord to feed
other accessories.