Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Top Ten Devices 6-Way & A/B antenna switches Help

Reviews Summary for Top Ten Devices 6-Way & A/B antenna switches
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $175 & 77, respectively
Description: Six-way & two-way coax switch relay boxes.
More info: http://www.qth.com/topten/sixway.htm & http://www.qth.com/topten/abss.htm

You can write your own review of the Top Ten Devices 6-Way & A/B antenna switches.

NY9H Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2010 08:49 Send this review to a friend
FLEXIBLE  Time owned: more than 12 months
when trying top configure my shack the way I WANTED ..there were no solutions available.
I wanted to feed two radios...from 4 antennas.. thru two amps( TTherc-no warm up ) (ACOM2000 was a TT titan...)
But I wanted to have all antennas available up at my patch panel...especially if they were not selected to the two amp/radio selections..
So it was a 4 x 2 x 3 outputs ( 4 antennas thru one of two dif amps X 2 radios & 1 spare),,,

Guess it is actually a SO2R setup ...
The Top Ten A/B switches were the most flexible way to accomplish the above ..Providing the isolation for SO2R...due to their three relays.

I mounted the switches on the back side of my patch panel to minimize cables...

cut and paste for pictures:

regretfully I am rebuilding my shack.. due to a move east ...to 3 land...

W7LRY Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2010 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use the Top Ten Devices A/B Station Selector because like many other Hams I live with antenna restrictions and can only have one antenna. I have the main station downstairs and another remote (qrp) station upstairs and use the A/B relay to use the same antenna for both stations. The relay is mounted where the antenna lead comes in and a coax run to each station and with the use of a small toggle switch at each station I can select the antenna.
The Top Ten Devices A/B switch has extremely good port-to-port isolation. It is built with a safety interlock so you cannot accidently connect two radios together at the same time. It will handle high power. The quality is very very good and the service is the best. They answer you question very fast and best of all they do as they say. To me integrity is very important. Good products for both rig switching and antenna switching can be found at "Top Ten Devices Inc."

K3XR Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2008 07:22 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA SWITCH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect way to switch six antennas from the main shack, lower level, to the rig in the sun porch.

If you can't, or don't, use a band decoder, no problem, pick up a marine type switch panel which has six lighted rocker switches and a length of rotor cable, problem solved.

VR2BG Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2003 21:47 Send this review to a friend
Can't have enough of 'em!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used six of the A/B switches to implement SO2R antenna switching at my station - they performed admirably despite numerous accidental hot switches & often being made to handle power at high SWR.

The A/B switches have since been redeployed to switch between antennas in conjunction with another manufacturer's integrated SO2R antenna switching product. I picked up the 6-way so I could go nutty with 28 Mc antennas for the ARRL 10m test.

I really like how I could break up the stack of A/B switches for redeployment. I've also played around with using them to implement the equivalent of a transfer switch in order to share one amp between two radios in contests. Simply put, despite purchasing the integrated switch, I could use some more of the two-ways & probably will get more 6-ways for switching stub filters around.

Dealing with N3RD & W2VJN is always a pleasure, too!