Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter
Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $50
Description: 1.8-200 MHz, 200/20/5 Watt settings.

You can write your own review of the Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2012 19:58 Send this review to a friend
Does a good job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't believe there was a time when I didn't use an outboard SWR/wattmeter. Now I wouldn't be without one. It seems to be reasonably accurate. For me the plus is that it has a QRP range (which I use when adjusting the output on JT65a and PSK) and a 200 watt range for those occasions when I run QRO. Seems solidly built. I don't use the lamp so can't comment on that: prefer to have one less cable to deal with. Would recommend it highly.

W3END Rating: 4/5 Dec 19, 2011 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Works fine except faulty lamp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had this about three weeks, probably turned it on about five times the lamp has already burnt out. Not sure if I feel compelled to tear apart and install LED lamp as some have done but I am considering it. As far as the meter it works fine is pretty accurate compared to more expensive models. I guess for the price it's a pretty good meter but I wish they would improve the lamp. Otherwise I'd rate it a five.

W5WDV Rating: 4/5 Apr 9, 2011 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Not too bad for the $$'s  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Compared the accuracy with my Autek WM1 and found they read pretty close to the same. Works well between exciter and amp so you can monitor your drive level. With a WM1 on the output side of the amp, amp in standby, SX200 reads so close to the WM1 that the difference is probably less than 1-2% . This accuracy is obtained with the SX200 set on the 200 watt input level. Overall pretty nice for the price. When the bulbs burn out, will replace with LED's but for now, it works!

YU2SRB Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2010 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Great SWR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Buy it some day ago - second hand.

Works as new, very acurate, nice look, grea for QRP.

KG6WLS Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2009 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Very Good For The $$  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the price, the SX-200 is accurate and a fine compliment to the shack. No complaints here.

73 de KG6WLS

IW0GVG Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2009 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good.
Very good
*****

KD5OXQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2008 21:42 Send this review to a friend
Good Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This meter is very accurate and reliable. I've been using it for about a month now, and I am very happy with the way it has performed. The SX-200 also has a very nice look sitting beside any radio.

K9EX Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2008 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Great SWR Meter for QRP!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned this for awhile now and it's a fine SWR bridge. Yes, it's a traditional bridge in the sense that you have to manually adjust the forward reading to max scale before throwing a switch to see the reflected reading but this meter is accurate, so the minimal effort is worthwhile in my opinion. If you have a contemporary 100W rig and also play around with QRP rigs like I do, then you'll really appreciate the 5W scale - it works great! With the SX-200, there's simply no reason to have a dedicated "QRP" SWR/watt meter - the SX-200 works equally well from QRP up to 200W. I have also owned a Diawa SWR/watt meter and I think this meter is a bit more accurate, but I think the Daiwa may have a slight edge on construction quality. No matter, I'm sticking with the Diamond due to its excellent QRP capabilities. This is a great product at a fair price.

KB1KVL Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2007 01:58 Send this review to a friend
Good Meter for the Money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I run this piece of equipment constantly and have never had any problems with it since it was new over a year ago. It is an easy to read meter.
Great meter for the money.
Please do not spam me with questions about it.

Ken

DU8-BSC Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2007 22:35 Send this review to a friend
accuracy and reliability  Time owned: more than 12 months
im using my diamond sx-200 for three years now! still performs like still a new meter! so accurate even on my ht firing power on low is 0.5 watt still it read just the same! nice meter needle display and my meter light still going on!no burn issue! sometimes im on my hf band or vhf band it performs so accurate from swr to power output reading! nice outer design!well made! keep up your good works DIAMOND! i highly recommend this product! quality, sensitivity, reliability and durability!

73s to all fellow hams!