Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter
Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $50
Description: 1.8-200 MHz, 200/20/5 Watt settings.

You can write your own review of the Diamond SX-200 Pwr/SWR Meter.

G3UXB Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2016 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Quite good but needed calibrating  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these mainly on the strength of the 'shockingly accurate' review, well mine was about 10% off on all ranges, very easily aligned though and looks though it is constructed pretty well no loose nuts bolts or connections (please note MFJ) I like the old analog 1 needle meter, the peak monitor works very well. I will probably change the meter light to a blue Drake type pretty soon, nice size I give it a 4

K6WHP Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2016 02:11 Send this review to a friend
Shockingly Accurate   Time owned: more than 12 months
Had occasion to calibrate my WM-2 and this meter working with my FT-817 at QRP levels (obviously) and I was using my (calibrated) scope to measure the RF out. The SX-200 accurately read the FT-817'S power out across the HF spectrum. (160-80-40-30-20-17-15-12-10-6) It was dead on the money even at the lowest power setting.

Love this little meter!

W8RMV Rating: 1/5 Mar 19, 2015 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality Control  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
SN 80621689e All functions work well except for the Reflected power position. It reads the same as the Forward power. I called Diamond Antenna (which is RF Parts) & got sent to a voice mailbox that is full. Bad sign when a company allows this to happen. So during my walk, I figured out the problem: a bad switch. Took the unit apart & found a solder bridge where the switch terminals solder to the PC board. Removed it & all is well. Shame on the QC dept at DA and shame on RF Parts for not having someone to answer the phone.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2012 19:58 Send this review to a friend
Does a good job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't believe there was a time when I didn't use an outboard SWR/wattmeter. Now I wouldn't be without one. It seems to be reasonably accurate. For me the plus is that it has a QRP range (which I use when adjusting the output on JT65a and PSK) and a 200 watt range for those occasions when I run QRO. Seems solidly built. I don't use the lamp so can't comment on that: prefer to have one less cable to deal with. Would recommend it highly.

W3END Rating: 4/5 Dec 19, 2011 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Works fine except faulty lamp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had this about three weeks, probably turned it on about five times the lamp has already burnt out. Not sure if I feel compelled to tear apart and install LED lamp as some have done but I am considering it. As far as the meter it works fine is pretty accurate compared to more expensive models. I guess for the price it's a pretty good meter but I wish they would improve the lamp. Otherwise I'd rate it a five.

W5WDV Rating: 4/5 Apr 9, 2011 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Not too bad for the $$'s  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Compared the accuracy with my Autek WM1 and found they read pretty close to the same. Works well between exciter and amp so you can monitor your drive level. With a WM1 on the output side of the amp, amp in standby, SX200 reads so close to the WM1 that the difference is probably less than 1-2% . This accuracy is obtained with the SX200 set on the 200 watt input level. Overall pretty nice for the price. When the bulbs burn out, will replace with LED's but for now, it works!

YU2SRB Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2010 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Great SWR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Buy it some day ago - second hand.

Works as new, very acurate, nice look, grea for QRP.

KG6WLS Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2009 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Very Good For The $$  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the price, the SX-200 is accurate and a fine compliment to the shack. No complaints here.

73 de KG6WLS

IW0GVG Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2009 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good.
Very good
*****

KD5OXQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2008 21:42 Send this review to a friend
Good Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This meter is very accurate and reliable. I've been using it for about a month now, and I am very happy with the way it has performed. The SX-200 also has a very nice look sitting beside any radio.