Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Kendoo Help

Reviews Summary for Kendoo
Reviews: 9 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $29
Description: HT Battery

You can write your own review of the Kendoo.

N8XWT Rating: 4/5 Dec 30, 2005 15:03 Send this review to a friend
EBP-22N  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the EBP-22N battery for my Alinco DJ-580. For 29.99 you can't expect top quality. But for about half the price of some of the others, it's a good deal. It fits just a little loose on the radio and if you twist it just so, the contacts will disconnect. But you really have to try. Also, it doesn't fit perfectly into the charger. All in all, it's a good battery. However, the next time I need a battery, I'll buy the cells and solder them up myself. I found that you can apply nail polish remover to the seams of the pack and it will come apart easliy. From there you just have to solder the tabs together and install them in the pack.

I also bought a 5 cell, cop style flashlight from Kendoo for 15.00. Not a bad flashlight for the price. I order both over the phone and they shipped the next day.

N4UED Rating: 2/5 Oct 13, 2005 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Batteries did not work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought two batteries for my FT-50.Both would not charge.They exchanged however the replacements did not work. The customer service was good.

KK7SS Rating: 2/5 Jun 17, 2005 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Messed up battery :-(  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a 9.6V 960 mAh BP-173 as a spare for my ICOM W32A
Two separate chargers (one of them a MAHA C-777) barfed when trying to charge it. !!
Checked it out with a DVM... external charging contacts measured 1.2V and the internal (rig contact) side contacts measured 12.2V !!! This is supposed to be a 9.6V battery.??
Called KENDOO and after some discussion they advised me to send it back for checking and 'possible' replacement/repair - which I did yesterday.
Why a '2' instead of a '0'?? At least I got hold of a real live (and helpful) person on their phone line :-)
I'll submit a follow up with whatever results I get...

DMOORE Rating: 1/5 Jun 16, 2005 23:47 Send this review to a friend
Bad news --- Kendoo for Alinco 580  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Kendoo KEBP-22NH battery and a K-EDC24S
charger and will, unfortunately, be returning both.

Problems:

1.) Lack of documentation to indicate even the most basic technical detail... no charge times, no currnent ratings, capacity ratings, voltage level info....

2.) Batteries do not fit securely into the charger. You have to "shim" them and align them "just right" to get the battery and charger contacts to line up and stay lined up.

3.) The charger arrived with the control circuit board inside the charger rattling around because it was only hot glued into place, and had broken loose. There was no attempt to design mechanical mounting structures for the board.

4.) The mechanical tolerances on the battery are so poor that radio and battery contacts don't stay tightly aligned. The slots that allow the battery to be joined with the radio are too large. Thus the battery is not held tightly to the radio. Thus the radio consistently looses power when it looses contact with the battery.

Kendoo has issued me an RMA, but be prepared to wait about a week before getting responses from the company. That being said, I guess that 1 week is not too bad in this day and age...

Blessings and 73's
Dave Moore -- KB3IEC

KB1HDO Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2003 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Battery for Icom IC-T7H  Time owned: more than 12 months
The batteries work great, they have more capacity at a lower cost than the stock Icom batteries, but they can't be recharged on the HT. Their supplier wired them incorrectly, which Kendoo readily admits. They gave me two wall-wart chargers so that I could charge them, but it's inconvenient to have to separate the battery from the radio to charge on-the-fly. Followup calls a year later indicated that the problem hadn't yet been fixed. I suppose I _could_ crack the cases and rewire them myself.

KB3GXF Rating: 2/5 Jun 4, 2003 23:33 Send this review to a friend
Mine was DOA!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It may not be theyre fault, but mine was DOA! They didnt have anymore of my type so they gave me a refund. No hassles. So in short Ill say great service just watch for short battery life.

KA7ZPW Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2003 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought a replacement for my aging FNB-12, and a rapid charger. Both work great. Excellent value. I think that this replacement battery even lasts longer than the original, when the original was new!

N4ULH Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2003 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Kendo EBP-22N  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Kendoo NiMH battery for my Alinco DJ580T Dual Band Hand Held. I did as Kendoo suggested. I cycled(fully charged and discharged)the battery 3 times in the beggining. It is working great! The battery was half the price of the Alinco Battery.

I give it a 4 because the outer case is not the exact color of the HT but it is extremely close.

WB4QNG Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2003 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought a battery for my Handi Talkie. Twice the battery half the price. I bought one for my Audi 201. The first one I bought from the OEM was $45 for a 600 mah battery. The one I got from Kendoo was around $29 for a 1300 mah battery. Based on this I would suggest you chek them out when it comes to batteries