Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | K1EL WinKey CW Keyer Help

Reviews Summary for K1EL WinKey CW Keyer
K1EL WinKey CW Keyer Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $30
Description: WinKey brings high functionality, fully featured Morse keying to logging applications. Although designed for Windows-based software implementation, WinKey can add value to all logging programs regardless of operating system or platform. Can also be used as a stand-alone keyer.
More info: http://www.k1el.com/

You can write your own review of the K1EL WinKey CW Keyer.

KA9P Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Super Box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just completed the Winkey USB and integrated it into the K3 contest set up.

Performance is fantastic, kit went together quick and easy, and N1MM+ is very happy with it.

Extremely happy with this little box.

HB9FIH Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2014 21:28 Send this review to a friend
super  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've got K16 and K16ext
K16ext I used to replace the old electronic in ETM-3. The K16 stand alone in a small box using with different Paddles.
I always use these keyers instead the build in the TX - this says all.
Beacon and Practice modes are very helpfull for me.
100% satisfied.

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2009 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Must Have Ham Gadget  Time owned: more than 12 months
Built mine over 3 years ago. Installed it into a small bud enclosure. Hooks up to both of my USB to Serial adapters without problems. Keys very precisely and is a great companion. I have even convinced several new hams to buy one to help learn code. Used during FD 06, 07, and 08 also used at Skywarn Recantation Day. So far everyone that has used it has been impressed. Works with N1MM, WriteLog and MixW no problem.

W5GNB Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 21:24 Send this review to a friend
Neat CW kit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the Winkey Serial model for a long time now, Probably one of the first ones offered.

I use it with XP-Pro, the N4PY software and a Ten-Tec Pegasus. It produces PERFECT cw and offers many features for fine tuning the CW keying shapes that are not offered with the straight paddle setup.

It also allows the CW Keyboard feature to produce very clean and unflawed sending.

It is a great addition to the radio setup for any CW operator.

W4VD Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2007 22:27 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love it, for only 28 bucks for the kit, and the features, it's one of the best deals out there.

NU6T Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2006 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Fun First Project  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this kit a bunch of months ago and just built it. I built a pixie radio that I could not get to work, and that stalled my kit building. This kit project was straight forward, well documented, and way too easy for the long delay. I had a couple of self-inflicted problems that were quickly addressed via Steve and the reflector. This was a good experience and a step towards my next kit project. Thanks.

K8PO Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2006 20:12 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a fabulous product. I took it out of the box, connected the com cable, connected the key cable and was sending perfect CW in minutes. I use is with DXbase and various logging programs for contesting and it worked perfectly with each.
You will not be disappointed. 73, K8PO

W0VX Rating: 4/5 Feb 23, 2006 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the WinKey kit and the enclosure on the K1EL web site. Delivery was fast and construction of the PC board was easy. The pre-punched enclosure wasnít quite all pre-punched though. It was missing the hole for the KEY/PTT jack. That was a little disappointing but a trip to the drill press solved the problem.

Performance using the serial port with N1MM Logger in 2 recent contests has been excellent. It completely solved the computer generated CW hesitation problem I had when using a 1 transistor circuit off the parallel port to key the radio.

Having manual paddle sent contest fills set at the same speed as the computer generated CW exchanges is convenient. However, WinKey leaves something to be desired when sending with the paddle. Canít put my finger on exactly what it is but the feel and timing are somehow different than Iím used to. It just isnít as smooth as with my Logikey keyer.

G6CNQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2005 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: months
I received my kit after a short delay due to the UK postal service and it went together perfectly in under an hour.

I use my Winkeyer with Ham Radio Deluxe and it never misses a beat.

Great product and terriffic service

KA2KON Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2005 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Product/outstanding support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put the keyer together and due to my error, it did not work. K1EL said to send it in and he would get it working, all for just return postage. I sent it in, with a little more than return postage, and got it back in a few days. It works flawlessly.

Great product and outstanding service.