Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Alinco DJ-G1T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DJ-G1T
Alinco DJ-G1T Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: 2 meter VHF handheld
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DJ-G1T.

KI6WDZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2011 22:24 Send this review to a friend
Going strong after 15+ years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my DJ-G1T in Texas when I was first licensed. I used it for a couple of years and then moved to California. It was packed away and mostly forgotten until this Winter (2011) when I found it. I had to have my two battery packs re-built because they had died a natural death and aren't available on the aftermarket but the radio works as well as the day it was built. It's one of 4 HT's that I own and arguably has the best ears even with it's standard rubber duck antenna. Using an aftermarket antenna really opens it up. I'm loving the simplicity of the radio. As noted by others, it's easy to figure out even without a manual, but the manuals are available from the Alinco web site. I've got the radio, leather case,desk charger, the standard battery and the larger 12V battery. I'm sure that some of my love for this thing is based on the fact that it was my first, but it really is a great little radio. Very solid.

KF4CZV Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2010 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this HT for 15 years. I bought it new as my first rig back in 1995 when I got my Tech license. Works as well now as it did then. Never failed to hit any local repeater just on the duckie. Also works great as a public service and air band scanner. I had the original rechargeable battery pack rebuilt with new cells about 3 years ago. Used the AA battery pack in the interim. I honestly don't see how any other HT could possibly be better than this one. I'll probably be using it until I make my final QSO!

KO4MH Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2009 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Nice solid radio with numeric keys  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an older radio, but I still like it. I bought mine with the AA battery pack. Hence, I can keep Lithium AA cells in it for years and use it when I need it without a charger.

I really like the presence of the numeric keypad for entering frequencies. Other pros include:

1) Nice basic functions without all the clutter
2) Nice solid feel

If I had to suggest a few cons, I'd mention the limited frequency coverage on the 70cm band. I'd also say that some may not like the larger form factor of the rig.

But my recent experience with the compact end of the packaging spectrum (Yaesu VX-3R) has left me appreciating these old workhourse radios like the DJ-G1T !

K0VH Rating: 4/5 May 27, 2003 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice small older HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am surprised no other reviews exists on this little gem, a real steal for 2m 5W unit in it's day (late 90s) and great way to work the FM satellite birds with 440 (rcv only) plus aircraft and 130-170mhz rcv.
Good: we got at closeout AES 5 yrs ago for $149. Solid reliable for 5 yrs, just now original nicad pack starting to konk out. It's still on the alinco archives site, advertised as having 7 channel 'scope' but we have rarely used it. Was son KC0CJPs present for getting his Novice immediately followed by Techplus, also used by me Dad K0VH and lots of backup mobile use. User controls easy to figure out w/o manual. Has sep button to use 1/2 watt power on the fly.
Not so good: seems prone to alternator whine in cars that other rigs do not have problems with.
Does not have auto rptr offset.