Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Radio Shack PRO-2066 150-Channel Mobile Trunking Scanner Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack PRO-2066 150-Channel Mobile Trunking Scanner
Radio Shack PRO-2066 150-Channel Mobile Trunking Scanner Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 150 channels, trunking, mobile, triple conversion receiver
More info: http://www.radioshack.com/ProdSupport/DocumentDetail/DocumentDetailIndex.asp?P=support_electronics&D=2849&T=htm

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack PRO-2066 150-Channel Mobile Trunking Scanner.

N2DMC Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2008 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Good radio for the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the money, this is a great mobile radio. I liked that it has the CB band and has a service search. Great for road trips. Did not use the trunking feature but conventional channels came in great. Very easy to use.

RFDAVE Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2004 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Nice Unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these PRO-2066 radios when Radio Shack was closing them out for $150 bucks. I cant comment on the trunking feature because no agency in this area uses any of these types of systems. As a general coverage scanner this unit works great. I especialy like the fact that it scans quite a bit faster than most other scanners that I have owned. For what it is its fairly sensitive and regularly receives VHF skip here from marine stations and 2 meter repeaters 200 or more miles away. The only 2 annoying things I have noted with this unit is that it doesnt seem too sensitive in the CB range, also because I am located in a large metropolitan area it does get jammed up with intermodulation interference occasionaly. Because of this I dont use an outside antenna for general scanning in the police and fire channels. When I use it for long range listening like lowband VHF or marine DX only then will I hook up the outside antenna. Its definatly not a $1500 Icom communications receiver but for the $100 bucks you usualy pay to get a used one it surely is a good value.

K6MTT Rating: 4/5 Mar 16, 2004 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Adequate mobile  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had to give this a 4 because I had it mobile for quite ahile without thinking too much about replacing it - kept it from being a 3. I did not use the trunking so I can't comment on that, except to say that I've heard it's not all that good. I bought it because it was small and had a decent number of channels. It has typical and adequate reception. As with most scanners of this calibre. it's susceptible to intermod; I had to always turn it off thru the local intermod alley. But it's a good performer when free of the dang pager transmitters. Some 60 days into ownership it went deaf, turned out to be a cold solder joint from the antenna connector to the board. Easy fix and worked great from then on. I moved on to a BC780XLT for the computer programmability and alpha display.