Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT91 Single Lever Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for CT91 Single Lever Paddle
CT91 Single Lever Paddle Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$99.95
Description: Hand Crafted Plug & PLay Marvel
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?currency=USD&language=en

You can write your own review of the CT91 Single Lever Paddle.

AB0SI Rating: 2/5 Sep 5, 2004 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Lookgs Great, but ...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lovely looking little beast.

Somebody might be able to adjsut it so that it does not feel so "sloppy" but that someone is not me. I think the main problem is that the springs are too weak. If you adjust the contacts so that there is a short throw, you will likely end up with a continuous string of dits (or dahs, depending ).

Keep in mind that I am new to CW and dogmeat (non-ham for Lid) at sending.

G0VTI Rating: 1/5 Jun 18, 2004 04:48 Send this review to a friend
Review of my newly purchased CT91 Single Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased the CT91 single paddle and was immediately impressed with the look of the paddle. Excellent workmanship and one of the only keys I have used that stays put when you are using it.
But, when I started to use the key I was very disappointed! I found it very hard to set up and when I seemed to get it just right it started to stick just giving out continuous dits or dahs!
No matter how I try I cannot seem to achieve any adjustment using the springs. They are not strong enough and need replacing with stronger ones.
I am disappointed to say the least and have gone back to my old Hi-Mound Manipulator until I obtain stronger springs and try again.

Terry G0VTI

K4VIZ Rating: 2/5 Apr 20, 2004 23:42 Send this review to a friend
Nice to look at but poor feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The CT-91 paddle is beautiful to behold but as soon as you touch the finger pieces you will notice that the single paddle version has an extremely sloppy center point. Needs stiffer and more readily adjustable springs. But the workmanship is without equal.

KC8NOU Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2004 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fit and finish is without equal.A beauty to behold.............But The springs ARE TOO WEAK!
Anthony,the seller should provide new springs that
actually adjust,to everyone who purchased this key.
Bottom line:I would be about perfect with stronger
springs

G7PHN Rating: 4/5 Jan 11, 2004 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Nice Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The paddle is extremely well made, very good build quality and certainly worth the 60 i paid, as previousely mentioned the tension springs are not quite as strong as i`d have liked, but these are easilly replaced if more tension is required.

Overall its a great paddle, which works fine on my FT-897. So well done to the manufacturer for building a quality paddle at a reasonable price.

AE4NY Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2003 23:02 Send this review to a friend
It is a beautiful padddle. I like single paddles.Price soundsok  Time owned: months
Have not had an opportunity to try the CT91 Single Lever Paddle, but the price seems reasonable.I would like to know more about its availability.
It is very neat looking.