Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Diamond A-502HB 6m Beam Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond A-502HB 6m Beam
Diamond A-502HB 6m Beam Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100
Description: 2 element, short boom, 6 meter yagi beam
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond

You can write your own review of the Diamond A-502HB 6m Beam.

W3MAT Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2011 21:24 Send this review to a friend
A Diamond in the ruff  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using the Diamond A-502HB 6m Beam for only a few months now. I currently have it up on six aluminum stackable poles with no rotor, except to turn it by hand. I have worked Georgia and Illinois with no problem. It will soon be coming of the poles and up on the tower at 50 feet. I can't wait to see the difference.

Would I buy another Diamond A502HB? Absitively!

N1AGE Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2011 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For a 2 Element 6m yagi, I'm quite impressed. Living just south of Boston, I recently worked Spain, Germany, Switzerland and Croatia and many stateside grid squares.. It only weighs 3.5lbs and I use a small 3' tripod and a channel master TV rotor with NO problems. Always get good reports. It is quite directional and I recommend this to anyone looking for a small 6m yagi. I also have a 2m/6m/440 vertical and this yagi really outperforms the vertical hands down.

W1DVZ Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2010 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Sweet spot on performance, size  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dual element-driven, flat SWR, small footprint, lightweight, flies together in 5 minutes, works like a charm, spins with a cheap TV rotator, great side and back rejection, decent gain, and it's just a Ben Franklin...what's not to like?

Plus, it is pretty-much street invisible.

Get one, they work very well.

N4DXA Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2009 16:54 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using a dipole on 6 meters, I put up one of these two element beams and WOW!, what a difference. I have worked a lot of islands and bunches of stateside on it, but my most prized contact so far is a 59 report in the Canary Islands. I would recommend this antenna to anyone with limited space or just looking for a small beam.

W4AMP Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2009 11:42 Send this review to a friend
fantastic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Can be put together in minutes, works well.I have mine at thirty feet and life is good. Very pleased. See you soon from em74.

VR2XMQ Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2008 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I agree with the previous reviewer, this is a good antenna,easy to assemble (I assembled mine in less then 10 minutes).

Using mine with a TE 0552G feeding it and that is pushing it to the limit! Only wished the power limit for this antenna was higher.

I also have the 4 element version which I use for field day and have worked quite allot of DX already with that one.

73 Steve, VR2XMQ

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2007 01:16 Send this review to a friend
Great performance from a two element 6 meter beam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a honeymoon review of the A-502HB 6 meter beam.

I'll start with assembly and construction, which both are great, no flimsy elements or parts with the construction overall being very solid. I was surprised at how easy the assembly was, the tuning was a no brainier with a great broad banded SWR point being marked easily visible on the tuning elements so no problems at all with tuning the antenna.
Over all I believe the assembly and construction really couldnít be much better for any antenna under $100.00.

There is one thing I should mention though. The assembly is all done with wing nuts and though they take allot of pressure, and seem like they would keep the antenna together without any problem. I would recommend taking the instructions advice in using loctite or equivalent to make sure it stays together, because after it's setup I really don't believe you'll ever need to take it apart.

Performance? As noted this is a honeymoon review, but and have only worked the antenna for maybe an hour, and have made two contacts from my home in California to Oklahoma and Missouri with solid Q-5 reports, while I could hear other Southern California stations trying to make the same contact and getting no response. So I have to believe itís working reasonably well. Also While talking locally Iíve noticed a great front to back ratio, with a station coming in the back at very readable 5/1 but when I turned the beam their signal jumped up to about much louder 5/5.

So my first impression is very positive for this small 2-element 6 meter beam.