Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | RT Systems VX7R Programming Software Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems VX7R Programming Software
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Programming software for the Yaesu VX7R HT
More info: http://www.cloningsoftware.com

You can write your own review of the RT Systems VX7R Programming Software.

KE6HNE Rating: 0/5 Jan 26, 2008 02:53 Send this review to a friend
3 Bad Cables  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Software was a joke.
Cable was bad out of the box. Contacted RT Systems and they said there was a run of bad cables. They overnighted two new cables to me after I faxed a copy of my receipt but they were also bad.
Now I use the ttl2usb.com adapter with the Yeasu CT-91 and VX-7 Commander software and haven't had a problem since.

W1CFZ Rating: 0/5 Oct 3, 2006 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Poor design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the cable / software at a communications store in Newington, CT. After fooling around with it for a few days I realized it wouldn't work because there was something wrong with the cable. I borrowed another ham friends & it worked perfectly. I called the store and they said I had to call RT Systems. Last time I go to that store. I sent an email to RT & they said to send it back. Just a little over a month later, I got the cable back, the same exact one. I know this because I had placed a mark on the cable. Now I'm well out of 30 day warranty period, more like 40 days. I lost it at that point and carefully cut the cable open with a razor blade. There were wires that were not soldered on the connector. I tried soldering the wires back on, but the setup still will not work. I am now looking for a different cable to use, possibly USB, and I won't be purchasing it from RT.

N1JGA Rating: 1/5 Dec 3, 2005 20:14 Send this review to a friend
Commander software  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simply not adaquate for the VX-7. Editing is difficult and data entry is a pain. I went through three cables (RT Systems) before I got one that was made correctly. Poor service from RT (sending another bad cable to replace a bad cable)

W3RAZ Rating: 3/5 Oct 4, 2003 21:45 Send this review to a friend
OK....but not as good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This software is OK and works fine on my Windows XP Pro Setup. I was unable to get it to read when it was connected to my Keyspan USB to serial cable so I went "direct" and then discovered my Sp/mike connector was not screwed down enough. Give it a few twists and it worked good. Will try the USB adapter later, and I plan on making a second adapter (not a second CT-91...a second cable that came with the ADMS-1G. This serial cable I intend to use while on the road so I can leave the other one hooked up to the desktop. The RT Systems software works and if thats all you want fine....but if you want to FLY, then use VX-7R Commander. It's freely available yet first chance I get I am going to slip that guy some bucks! RT Systems should have really done better. I can't even get it to import data correctly as easily as I can with VX-7R commander. VX-7R Commander accpets tpe files from Travel Plus and imports VERY easily. If you buy the ADMS-1G kit, just do it for the cable. If you don't mind making the other cable, buy a CT-91 and the parts to make your own cable. Again, it works, but VX-7R Commander is WAY better.

KE6VNU Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2003 23:50 Send this review to a friend
its just ok  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
it works, but it is in no way as good as the vx-7 commander software.

KQ4KK Rating: 1/5 Jul 28, 2003 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Sold before its ready  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the "latest" version at Dayton, version 1.03. It could not save a file, could not read a file, etc. Wrote RT systems an email. Two weeks later, I got a patch. It now works. In the mean time, I started using VX7 COMMANDER. A much better program, more options, settings, flexible.

KT4NM Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2003 12:05 Send this review to a friend
works fine for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had this software for a while and have used it with good results. I did order the kit with cables and sotware so did not have to hunt for adapters etc. I already had the Ct-91 mike adapter so it made eveything easy when kit arrived. I have read a lot of negative comments elswhere, but found none of it to be true in my use of the software or cables. Works fine for me

KA0MR Rating: 3/5 Jun 4, 2003 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Needs to get with the Windows 2000 and XP issues  Time owned: months
For what it's worth I don't know if it applies to this issue but Windows 2000 and XP no longer work with I/O calls regarding vxd's (virtual device drivers) so any software that relies on these calls to operate are rendered useless. This is not a new problem and it's just the laziness of software developers to make them work otherwise.So this may infact be the poblem with you program