Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-2340H Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-2340H
Icom IC-2340H Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $299.99
Description: 2-meter/70-cm Mobile

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-2340H.

N8FVJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2016 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Clear Audio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice radio, but like many others I broke clip on microphone jack. Had to use two tie-wraps to keep together.

VA2KV Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2015 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Good little dual band   Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi i had 3 icom ic-2340H and never had problem with .. i like the dual reception and display
Very tough radio no intermod at all its a TONKA

KB2CWN Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2014 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Nice rig but hate the RG-45  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like the transceivers compact design and so far its performance. I do hate the modular plug for the microphone. I have been using the radio with an adapter for a different mic because the HM-77 had a broken plug. I have been searching around for a wiring diagram telling me which color wire goes to which corresponding pin. But unfortunately I have had no luck. If anyone knows, I would really appreciate the info. Seems to be a nice little radio, and works well with my Browning dual band on the roof.

KD7ZYN Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2007 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Great little dual bander.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up one of these at the local Ham fest and it works great. The crossband repeat, dtmf remote control, and ut-66 voice board make this a great little radio for an EOC setup. Given the chance I'd buy another one.

N5LX Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2006 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Best 2/440 I have ever owned  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this little radio since Sept 1996 and it still works great.

I have upgraded to the ICOM 800 for DSTAR capability but this little 2340H has served me well.

I now have the 2340H permanently in the RV and am still amazed at the compactness yet power this little radio enables.

Too many capabilities to go into here...

would buy again -- even now in 2007 -- if I needed another one...

N5LX (EXTRA)

KG2CQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2006 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my IC-2340H sence 1995 and the radio has worked great. If someone wants a great 2meter and 440 mobil FM this is the one. I have had know prob.s with this radio. I have had it in the house for over 11years and I can't complain at all with this rig. Take care and try one out. Mark KG2CQ 73's.

KC9FYX Rating: 4/5 Jul 1, 2005 21:08 Send this review to a friend
Good rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first mobile rig, purchased used on eBay. Easy to use and not too difficult to install. It's small size makes it much more flexible to install in cars where extra radios were never a consideration. A great dual-bander, and works well for cross-band repeat. TX and RX are very clear. The only problem I've had is the end of the mic broke (fixed temporarily with electrical tape), and I made the situation worse trying to put a new cat5 end on. I'd definitely suggest this rig to anyone looking for a dual band mobile.

K9NYO Rating: 3/5 Jan 6, 2005 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Using mine for 4 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my IC-2340H second hand from the original owner...it had been in his wife's car. I've since had a lot of good years from this radio, and it holds its memories in EEPROM, unusual plus for a radio made 10 years ago. A couple of annoying things if you use this for voice: the mic and antenna both are on coax "pigtails" off the back of the rig. This rig was probably meant for Packet or data. Otherwise, this is a really hearty little rig and has served me well. Given the choice between a 2340H and a 2350H, buy the 2350H instead. K9NYO