Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Digikey Help

Reviews Summary for Digikey
Digikey Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Distributor of Electronic Components
More info: http://www.digikey.com/

You can write your own review of the Digikey.

KU4UV Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2015 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Good alternative to Mouser, Fast shipping!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just ordered a bunch of capacitors to rebuild an Astron RS-20A power supply. I ordered the parts on Wednesday evening, and had the package on my doorstep on Saturday morning via USPS Priority Mail. I live in central Kentucky. I will be a repeat customer without question!

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2011 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Right part, right price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered some ICs yesterday. I live on an island in Canada where "overnight" means 3 days. They charged 8 bucks shipping, and the package arrived less than 24 hours after the order was placed. Impressive!

K8IZ Rating: 3/5 Mar 31, 2011 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Ok place  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought from them recently. The shipping seemed to take a week from their warehouse to Seattle. Mouser seems to be faster. Since I almost always use USPS priority mail I don't understand the time difference in shipping from Texas and Minnesota. Also Digikey is now charging Washington State sales tax where Mouser does not. According to Washington State law residents are supposed to pay a use tax (sales) to the shipping destination. At 9.5% that does get a bit pricy. I like them both but tend to use Mouser more often as they seem faster to ship products to me.

PA1DRE Rating: 2/5 Mar 31, 2011 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Poor communications  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes... Digi Key has a nice large catalog and is reasonably priced, for this I give them 2 stars. But... don't expect any service from this company. If you are a European customer stick with Farnell, RS components, Distrelec or Mouser, at least they will appreciate your business.

NU4B Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2011 03:23 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered some parts and they were in my mailbox in 3 days. I didn't find the shipping and handling to be excessive. The parts were over $10.00 and the total bill was $13. So it was $2 something for postage, shipping, and handling.
Excellent availability of component parts. I could have got some of the parts cheaper at RS but I would have had to drive there, have a salesperson look at me with a blank stare when I asked them where the resistors were, I couldn't get all the parts I needed there anyway, then drive home, and order the balance on line. It would have cost me more in gas than the few pennies I would have saved.
Convenience, service, and availability does matter!

W8AAZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2009 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Perfect always  Time owned: months
They always have been absolutely perfect for me, even though I am a dumb little radio geek, not a big industrial customer. Some have critiqued the shipping costs. Well it is not like ebay where some Jack**s might hide extra fees and stuff till after you bid. They will tell you all up front before you buy, and if your order seems too tiny for the costs of shipping just go elsewhere if you can. Like, these folks have alot of stuff you can't get elsewhere in the boonies, so just count your blessings that you can get first class service and find cool exotic parts at all.

W2LGA Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2008 16:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Vendor  Time owned: more than 12 months
Order received in three days. Customer service followed up to verify my satisfaction. Shipping cost was minimal and packaging was great. Other vendors could learn alot from this company as this is the same standard every time I order an IC.

KB9BPF Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2008 01:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have placed many orders from Digikey over the years and have always been highly satisfied.

Their web site is the standard by which I judge all others, as is their service. Mouser is in the same league but I find their web site just a little harder to use - maybe I'm just so used to Digikey.

You can tell from the web site if what you are looking at is not in stock, which does happen from time to time, and select a suitable substitute easily. I've had to wait a bit for stock on only a few items over the years, things like specialty terminal strips and such, but never for more than a week or so.

Orders arrive within a business day or two at most and the prices are extremely competitive. Even the handful of parts that can still be purchased at "Cell Shack" are much cheaper at Digikey even after shipping, if you are ordering enough for a substantial project (or restocking your bins after the most recent substantial project...)

FWIW, I recently learned from http://users.tellurian.net/gjurrens/famous_hams.html that the founder is a ham, N5IN.

KG4LAC Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Recommend  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Order quickly filled. Accurate. Few items on back order. DigiKey customer service was very good keeping me posted on the backorder status.
Be sure to send check with order to avoid shipping costs (if ordering via the web or using credit card, must pay shipping).

VE3LNY Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2007 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Great outfit great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been ordering from Digikey for a few years now and I'm amazed at the level of service. Those of us living in Canada are used to all kinds of hassles when we order something from the US: costly and slow delivery, delays and charges at customs to name a few. But Digikey makes it seem like the order is from a domestic source.

There is a handling charge of $6.50 but it is waived when the order amount exceeds $32.50. Shipping a small package to Toronto is $8.00 with full tracking. (If I try to ship a small package to the USA it costs me $25 or more.) GST (Canadian federal tax) is added to the invoice.

My only complaint is that although the product selection is staggering, many items are not in stock. You can still order them but don't expect delivery anytime soon. For items in stock, delivery is always 2 business days later.