Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Digikey Help

Reviews Summary for Digikey
Digikey Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Distributor of Electronic Components
More info: http://www.digikey.com/

You can write your own review of the Digikey.

HA6SST Rating: 3/5 Aug 30, 2007 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Expensive Shipping  Time owned: months
The selection of parts available from the catalog is amazing, it's just a shame about the shipping costs. I was charged $40 shipping on a $25 order and it arrived by standard mail.

Good for an order once a year.

KB3BXW Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2007 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent to deal with  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Recently placed an order with them on a Friday night and man o man there it was on Tuesday via regular postal shipping. Great pricing and easy nav website. Why can't they all be this easy to deal with.

N0XAS Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2006 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Best web site by far  Time owned: more than 12 months
I find better prices on some parts from other suppliers, but Digi-Key is the lowest on a good number of things. The real kicker is their web site. Don't know the part number for a part, but know what you want? No problem, you can search by specs to find the parts you need. If only other places would do this!!

In the years I've been dealing with them I've had them get a couple of parts wrong, but they have shipped the right parts with no hassle without waiting for me to return the wrong ones. Phone staff is very helpful, no hassle. Digi-Key is one of the two places I use regularly for all of my parts orders (the other is Mouser).

KB9WWL Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2005 20:16 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Service  Time owned: months
I mailed in my order on a Friday. The following Monday afternoon, I recieved a call regarding my order; it seemed I had missed a letter while copying the part number for an item. The person who called was very helpful and friendly, and made me realize even before my parts arrived that Digi-Key has tremendous customer service. Three days later (Thursday evening) my parts got here. They were extremely well-packed, with parts in anti-static bags even when not absolutely necessary. I would order from Digi-Key again in a heartbeat.

N4SL Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2002 20:50 Send this review to a friend
The very best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Digikey for nearly 20 years, they are expensive but they have the BEST service of any company on the planet. Period. I've never had an order be incomplete or in error ever, which really is amazing. I order from them every week for prototype parts (I'm an electronics design engineer).

You can buy small quantities of stuff on a credit card and now their internet search and purchase engine is amazingly easy to use. You know how many parts are in stock, etc.

They don't sell much high-power geeky RF stuff, but what they sell damn near everything else.

Steve N4SL Machias, WA CN88xa

W8HQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2000 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Best on the Web Service and Delivery  Time owned: unknown months
I have made 2 recent purchases from Digikey on their Website.

The items were shipped the same day as ordered and delivered within 2 days !

I was informed when they received my order,when it shipped and had my own site to get shipping tracking info including a direct link to the UPS page. It was easy to track and know exactly when it would arrive.

FAST. In fact I ordered the same items from another supplier and it took 6 days.

The only problem I have is that their catalog is not really on the site, you have to download it in PDF format. This is a minor problem compared to their outstanding customer focused service.

N2MG Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 1999 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Well stocked, easy to buy from.  Time owned: unknown months
I have bought from Digikey dozens of times, both professionally and individually. They are fast, well-stocked and reasonably priced. They don't just carry the run-of-the-mill, either. They've added many, many specialty parts over the years.