Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Hustler RX-2 Help

Reviews Summary for Hustler RX-2
Hustler RX-2 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $$20
Description: 2 Meter 5/8 Wave magnetic mount mobile antenna.
Up to 100 Watts, with 3.4db Gain.
Coax included, and terminates to PL259.
More info: http://www.new-tronics.com/main/html/body_mobile_uhf___vhf.html

You can write your own review of the Hustler RX-2.

KK4WEY Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2014 16:58 Send this review to a friend
Affordable Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this mobile 2m/440 magnet mount antenna used, and it is working great. Currently in use with a 5w ht in the car, and my contacts report excellent audio & power. They can't believe I'm using a ht. It costs around $35.00 new, so I'm getting another one just in case they stop making it.

VE3LFS Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2013 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Great ant for the price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up this unit for the trip to Dayton. It worked great the whole trip and had great range. Works much better than my 1/4 wave glass mount. I thought the magnet was kind of small but it stayed on the trunk of my car no problem at up to 80mph.

WA9LEO Rating: 3/5 Jun 1, 2010 18:04 Send this review to a friend
fair  Time owned: more than 12 months
my only complaint, is they say it stays on up to 75 miles a hour, i dont think so, 50 miles a hour i am stopping and putting it back on the roof of my van. when it syayed on, it worked very well, but now, i put it on my tool box and use it for a scanner antenna

KD9VI Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2010 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna really holds on  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this with a Yaesu ft 1900 r in my car. I drive the expressway and go "with the traffic". This antenna says its rated at 75mph, which is an understatement - thats what my friend told me :) I have talked to people 150 miles away when the skip kicks in, now that its spring. Its a long antenna but radiates very well. Beware you can't leave this on the roof of your car if you have a standard size garage. I have it on my trunk and it gets banged around when I pull in but the antenna stays on my car. I'm not concerned but just letting you know its almost 4 feet tall.

KB1RDL Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2009 05:04 Send this review to a friend
A hidden treasure  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna because I needed something better than 1/4 wave vertical with its high takeoff angle for 2 meters, with only 5 watts HT that I use mobile. And I didn't want to do any drilling or other permanent modifications of my vehicle.

Performance is great on 2 meters, I was able to work repeaters 40 miles away on just 5 watts.

I discovered I was able to use this antenna as a 1/4 wave vertical on the 6 meter band with low VSWR across the top 3 MHZ.

A 2 band antenna for the price of one!

K2SAV Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2009 15:52 Send this review to a friend
WORKS GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the mobile antenna for a year and it works great...so good i got another and converted it to a base with the conversion kit...i have it up only on a tripod in my yard...and it hits all area repeaters...and even with the 100 w max...it is enough room to add a 80 watt amp to get the simplex signal out...for the price you cant beat it ...and i bet it ranks up there with more expensive verticals....and more stealth too...73...john

KD8CPP Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2006 16:12 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this antenna on my mobile ops whenever I go anywhere and at my house, it works great, I love this one!

WD9IWC Rating: 2/5 Oct 7, 2004 10:02 Send this review to a friend
POOR Mag Mount  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this antenna one month ago. I have removed and replaced the whip on the mag mount about four times. The last time I noticed the center thread was loose. I was told by HRO to send it back. When I went to remove the mount from the car roof it literally "fell apart" in my hands. Now we will see how service is, but thats another story. The whip itself is a great performer. Seems that only their mag mount has shoddy construction and quality control problems. We will see how this next one holds up. Better leave it in place and NOT unscrew the whip. More to follow.

N8XRV Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2003 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Low Cost Antenna.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna is excellent for the price.
If your not looking to spend alot of money, but want
an excellent performer, This one is recommended.