Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Workman UVS-200 Help

Reviews Summary for Workman UVS-200
Workman UVS-200 Reviews: 30 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $59.99
Description: Dualband 144/440

You can write your own review of the Workman UVS-200.

KM4GIY Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2016 02:52 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna when I was first licensed on the advice of an Elmer about 3 years ago. It works very well on 2 meter and 70 cm. With no modifications I get 1.2 or better SWR reading across both bands. If this antenna ever fails I will get another one to replace it.

KQ4BX Rating: 4/5 Jan 27, 2015 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Quality Control Issue  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna, and it works very well on 2M, but was terrible on 70cm. I wasn't sure how to get the bottom section apart, so against my better judgement I cut some off the top. Then I realized that the bottom does come apart, but that was months later. Now I don't know how long the top section should be, so i can put it back and focus on the lower section, where 70cm would be tuned. If someone could look up my call and send that to me, I will be able to restore this antenna back to a useful state. KQ4BX In case anyone is wondering how to remove the entire core of the antenna, you unscrew the S)-239 at the bottom, and carefully slide it out onto a flat surface. It is made very well, even if they didn't tune mine as well as they should.

KB5ZCS Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna up for 21 years and still performs very well ........

KD0QYN Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2013 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Works Perfectly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put this antenna up nearly 18 months ago and have had zero problems. I am always able to hit repeaters 50-60 miles away an the antenna is only at 35 feet. SWR is nearly flat at 1.2 on 2 meters (I don't have the ability to check it on 440Mhz).

MY son way having problems with his 2 meter antenna so I bought one of these for him, put it up, and now he enjoys the same capabilities as I.

Great antenna.

W5JBB Rating: 4/5 Apr 5, 2013 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Works great for the price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You "do" have to tune some of these. Mine was tuned perfectly across 2 meters when the top pvc was taken off. But when I placed it over the top section it centered at 143 mhz. I took the top pvc off and cut about 3/4" off the wire and placed the pvc back on, and it centered at 146 mhz.Works great now !

KX4KDH Rating: 3/5 Mar 29, 2013 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Same as the last review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Same problem as other reviews... Okay on 2m, and not so great on 440. SWR is off the charts on the 440 side. I have had this antenna for a year now. Definitely want to switch to something else...

N4ZDX Rating: 3/5 Feb 11, 2013 00:37 Send this review to a friend
VHF good, UHF not so much  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Mine seems to have a problem on the UHF side. VHF swr is 1.6 @ 144.0, 1.2 @ 146.0, 1.6 @ 148.0 however on the UHF side it goes below 2:1 between 429 and 434. Lowest is 1.4 @ 432. Far to low in the band for repeater use. With no adjustments I have no clue how to fix this without effecting the VHF side.

KA7SUM Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, for a low price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This appears to be a great antenna, built heavy and looks like it will last.Just remember to silicone all fittings and wrap with electrical tape.Time will tell ,but from the reports I have gotten from local hams if you seal it up it will outlast others,and you can't beat the price..

KB1TXK Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2011 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Anyone who pays more for a dual-band base antenna is a dope.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this antenna on eBay for $60 shipped. Put it together wrong the first time (READ THE DIRECTIONS! NOTE THE SET SCREW!) and was angry at its performance. Then I took it down and did it CORRECTLY. It completely pantsed my j-pole and dunked my 1/4-wave ground plane in the toilet.

This antenna is a thug and its great. 5w or 100...its great. Buy this antenna only if you like getting the most for your money.

If you feel like giving someone way more of your cash for the same antenna w/ a different sticker on it...buy a Diamond.

KF7OCD Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 22:04 Send this review to a friend
For under $60 and special forces performance...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to make a base station for my HT (Kenwood TH-F6A) BUT I am also on a budget. So I got this antenna because it was cheap and the reviews were so high.

I got it today and tested it and I am hitting repeaters 50+ miles away and people can hear me just perfectly.

I live on a VERY high hill and have a great view so yeah I am sure that helps however this antenna is great and for the money you get special forces performance.