Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Newark Help

Reviews Summary for Newark
Newark Reviews: 7 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
More info: http://www.newark.com/

You can write your own review of the Newark.

WB6DGN Rating: 1/5 Aug 4, 2012 23:05 Send this review to a friend
NOT pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
From a previous post: "Be warned, call ahead and check shipping charges before you order..."

Won't do any good; they won't tell you! Last order I placed was for semiconductors and other very light stuff. They sent it in separate boxes and the shipping totaled two to three times the cost of the parts. Called to find out why the separate shipping and was told that items were shipped from "separate warehouses" and, therefore they couldn't be combined into one shipment (as if that's MY problem!)".
Called to place another order but learned my lesson from the previous one so I asked about shipping first. Wouldn't tell me how many boxes or the final shipping total until AFTER I placed the order. Asked my salesperson to try to find out about the "mysterious" shipping. She said she'd call me back. After several days, I came to the conclusion that that wasn't going to happen and ordered the same items from Mouser. Smooth as glass, same parts and all shipped in one box. Within a dollar or two of Newark and friendly accommodating service. Newark's attitude of "give me your checkbook and I'll tell you later how much it cost" has lost me as a customer especially when there are others who DO IT RIGHT. BTW, the "1" is because they do have a very good selection (as do MOST industrial suppliers), otherwise they'd get a 0.
Tom

W0FEN Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2012 06:03 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
They have nearly everything! I have been buying from Newark professionally and personally for over 25 years. The website tells you how many they have in stock. In all those years I have had 2 mishaps. Both times they corrected their errors. If the shipment is less than $50 they told me not to send it back. I received the correct parts for no charge. They do have people to talk to as well. Okay, if the ratings would let me do tenths, I would rate them 4.9.

K2GW Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2007 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good price, free ground shipping and no service charge for orders over $25. Works for me.

WA4DOU Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2007 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from Newark without any problems whatsoever!

SSB Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2007 23:23 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been buying from Newark since 1968. That should say everything.

Alex....

N4DEK Rating: 1/5 Nov 3, 2004 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Lies about shipping and charges  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I refuse to buy from companys that rip me off on shipping. I ordered some high voltage caps and got completely ripped off on the shipping charges. I was told that the order was shipped Fedex 2nd day air when in fact the package arrived via UPS Ground. Package weight was 4 pounds and they charged me $18 shipping from S.C. to N.C. for a 4 pound package!! Cost them less than $7 to ship it. Never again will I buy from these people. Guess that's why they don't show shipping charges on their web site at the time the order is placed. Be warned, call ahead and check shipping charges before you order from these crooks.

KO4NR Rating: 4/5 Jun 17, 2002 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Very Convenient  Time owned: more than 12 months
Newark's web site is very useful for finding and pricing parts. With little effort I have been able to find almost everything I have been looking for. There is most always quite a selection. They don't have a minimum but Orders under $25 subject to a $5 service charge that is applied to your purchase price. If you need something in a hurry and don't mind the service charge Newark will get it to you, well packed and marked. Convenience always costs more!!
Bill Smith KO4NR