Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | TriEx - Tashjian Towers Help

Reviews Summary for TriEx - Tashjian Towers
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Tashjian now produces towers under the Triex name after acquiring the TriEx engineering drawings.
More info: http://www.tashtowers.com

You can write your own review of the TriEx - Tashjian Towers.

AE7I Rating: 4/5 May 21, 2006 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Tashijian Towers DX-70  Time owned: more than 12 months
I erected my Tashjian Towers Corporation DX-70 tower about a year ago. It is a beefy solid structure and hasn't given me any mechanical problems. I had some inital problems with the electrical aspect of the remote control kit (therefore my initial rating would have been a 4 instead of 5), but as mentioned below, I have since converted it to manual motorized contol which I prefer in my case. I would rate the tower itself with motorized crank-up as a 5.

When I was looking for crank-up towers, many manufacturers couldn't or wouldn't provide engineering data that was acceptible for Washoe County. Karl Tashjian was able to meet my needs in an economical fashion. I wanted a 70 foot tower, but it had to be capable of surviving an 85 mph exposure "C" wind. Karl recommended using the beefier DX-86 tower and leaving out the top section, thereby creating a 70 foot tower capable of supporting 14 square feet of antenna that met the county's requirements. The county had the engineering reviewed by an outside engineer (at their expense) and it came through with flying colors.

Initially I ordered the remote control kit, but eventually converted it to manual control as I prefer to "listen and watch" as the tower goes up in case there are any problems with cable snagging or other mechanical problems. The tower is located close to my house and I don't want to take any chances. If it were out in a field, I might stick with remote control. I leave it up about 90% of the time, but bring it down to at least a full-section-overlap height if a potent storm with high winds is expected.

I have found the tilt over mechanism quite handy for working on my antennas. It isn't always possible to get help and I can tilt it over by myself and work on the antennas from the roof or ground, depending upon direction of tilt.

Karl has always been very helpful during the process, however at times he was bit slow getting back to me, due to his busy commercial business. However, once we connected, he was very friendly and helpful.