Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logger32 Help

Reviews Summary for Logger32
Logger32 Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: New, improved, 32-bit version of the popular Logger program.
More info: http://www.logger32.net/

You can write your own review of the Logger32.

K0KT Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2009 22:22 Send this review to a friend
Super logging program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Logger32 for about two years. My first computer logging experience was with the N3FJP AC log. It was easy to learn and worked well for me until my log grew to more than 10,000 QSOs. At that point, I had trouble importing my contest logs (where I use Writelog) in order to have all of my QSOs in one logging system. Sorting the added QSOs took far too long (some of the simplest sorting algorithms perform worst when records are already partially sorted, as in the case of merging two logs). An email exchange with N3FJP suggested that the problem would not be fixed soon, if at all, so I began looking around. I experimented with Logger32 for a while and found that it did everything on my needs list and a whole lot more.

Like any very flexible program, it takes a while to learn how to exercise all of the important options. But the time invested was well worth the effort. Additionally, there is a group of strong individuals on the user forum who are very helpful in answering questions when they arise.

G4OBK Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2008 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Terrific station management software  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's hard to believe that K4CY Bob Furzer wrote and regularly updates Logger 32 without taking a cent from any users. This amazing programme is a free download.

I have been using Logger 32 since 2004 when my old Logging program (Turbolog) became out of date, lacked facilities and was poorly supported. When I made the move there was a lot to learn, with multiple windows to set up initially. However once that is done the settings are all saved for the life of the computer in a "ini" file, which can be backed up. Nothing goes into the PCs registry. Once set up you can use the programme for many tasks. In my case I use it for logging, tracking awards, sending RTTY and PSK via the soundcard, CW - using the built in memory keyer, internal databases for DXCC, IOTA etc, uploads to ARRL LoTW, creation of ADIF files for export, or import, access to external sources such as qrz.com, NCDXF Beacons etc.

The programme also has an helpful community on the Logger 32 Yahoo! reflector and superb help files, 100s of helpful pages put together by users who assist K4CY in his task of keeping the programme up to date and helping users sort out their problems, and educate them.

I have no hesitation in recommending it and if you do try it, stick at it, learn it and you will gain from that investment in time.

ON7RU Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2008 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Great piece of software  Time owned: more than 12 months
In 2006 I decided to re-apply for my license after 3 years of radio silence. While my previous logger looked a bit outdated I choose for logger32 after trying a dozen others.
It tracks, DXCC, IOTA, counties, band/mode, ...
I don't use the soundcard utilities but tried once and they work great als well.

For me their is no greater (free) software available.
Last week I had a little issue. Couldn't add offline QSOs. Asked some help via the Yahoo logger32 reflector and my problem was fixed the day after.

Guys, keep up the good work....I'm spreading the word.

One little attention point for the guys who deliver the updates. Your sequence might be confusing. The numbering or the versions are 3.4 over 3.5 upto 3.13. Maybe I'ts better to start with 3.04 and 3.05 to avoid misunderstanding.

Frank, ON7RU - OQ7R

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2008 22:31 Send this review to a friend
great logger !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
i love it every min of it ! friend of mine told me about this after watching him how that worked.

Jackie
KG4ORX

W4WDA Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2008 21:24 Send this review to a friend
There is nothing better.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Remarkable program. Very well written and well thought out. Does everthing you could possibly want a logging program to do.Does it all very fast,while using very low system resources.Runs well on many older systems too.Be forewarned, there is a learning curve involved. Spend a few days learning it and you will not be dissappointed. You will need to first load a log to really see its potential.See something you do not like, don't despair. Its very customizable,though it may take you awhile to figure out all the possibilities. Many thanks to the authors for making it available absolutely free, when they probably could sell it for major bucks!

W4WDA

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2008 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Works fine for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have read the other reviews on this (free) software, and all I can say is that I haven't run into anything that doesn't do the job just fine for me. I have trouble sending CW with one hand and typing with the other, but I suppose I can't blame the software for that. It does whhat I need from it and does it well. It is easy to use from the get-go, and I'm always finding little subleties that I can tinker with that make it easier yet. Good product!

GW3YDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2008 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Logger32 for some years now and have to say that it is the best around, and as it is freeware, represents excellent value. I have tried the various demo programs for "paid for" logging programs and cannot see the benefit of any of them. Logger 32 support is fast, frienddly and helpful, and when I suggested an enhancement recently (sorry guys, you will have to wait and see!) Geoff G3NPA sent me some trial version software the very next day and after some testing and debugging it worked just fine with the enhancement I asked for. For those who complain about support and enhancements, then I guess if you come across with "I wanna wanna wanna" you arent likely to get a very positive response from anyone!

The CW keyer (negatively reviewed on these pages) works absolutely fine. I guess it comes down to the way you set it up. For me, this software does everything a logging program should.

Thanks Bob K4CY,and Geoff G3NPA. Your work is much appreciated.

Ron Stone GW3YDX

S58F Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2007 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent..log program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Realy nice Log Program ...I use this one more then 7 years,the upgrade are very fast..etc

Thanks very much to Bob K4CY and the team for this excellent free software.

73's ERIC S58F
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HEALTY 2008!!

M0EAS Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2007 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Downloaded logger 32 a few years ago and dropped it after only a brief test. Used Ham radio deluxe since because I thought it looked nicer but eventually missed any graphical representation of the the callers geographical location and cluster spots. I do not need to control rig from a graphic interface so loads of HRD functionality obsolete to me. HRD is still a good package btw..

Evaluated dxbase and thought I had an improvement and paid the $99 subscription. Only later a friend advised all the features I thought were great in dxbase where available but free in logger 32. So I converted.

I will not make out to be an expert here (only had license a few years)however but work in systems implementation for a large software provider and have learnt to look deeper that the first screen.

Thoughts :
1) Need to read manual a few times. Getting cluster to work is easy once the light comes on so to speak. Once the cluster is active the software comes alive.
2) Does the qrz lookup I had with HRD but missed with DXbase.
3) Its free
4) Get a 22" flat screen (or larger). I use the HP HPw2207 and what a difference...Originally evaluated with a small 19" CRT and struggled with the boxes. On a 22" they fit well and and once positioned where you want can be locked'
5) Loads of data presented during QSO. History is prompted, country appears immediately on world map as does cluster locations on separate tab.
6) DXCC and IOTA analysis is quick and easy even when in mid log.
7) Dxbase uses DXatlas. At first glance the logger map appears less appealing but that changes when in use.
8) Have made more new dxcc since using logger32 mainly because when using HRD, I logged the country but didn't know straight away whether I needed the contact as a new country, mode, band etc and let some calls go without reply.

Setup :
Pc and logger 32 control icom pro 3 using ct-17from the com port.Logger 32 drives psk using signalink USB fom pc.. Can't fault the combination.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2007 14:56 Send this review to a friend
A bit of a learning curve, but worth it  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Downloaded this months ago. Like others, I was put off by the design (remember the old folky standard, "Little Boxes?").

Having an unexpected two days off this weekend, and with Sweepstakes approaching fast, I got to playing with it. And despite not being a "contest logger," it was easily configurable. The CW Machine worked flawlessly (first time for this old timer: the only time I touched the key all weekend was to give fills).

As others have noted, the speed of the program is what sets it apart. No waiting for the program to do its job and refresh the screen. Hit Enter, and "poof," there you are.

The previous QSOs "box" was a joy. Not perfect -- it missed two or three previous contacts -- but it sure beat the old dupe sheets!

Too cumbersome, doubtless for the big guns who run a frequency, but for my little gun Search and Pounce operation, it was spot on.

Bill