Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logger32 Help

Reviews Summary for Logger32
Logger32 Reviews: 57 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: New, improved, 32-bit version of the popular Logger program.

You can write your own review of the Logger32.

K0IN Rating: 2/5 Apr 5, 2015 17:59 Send this review to a friend
Crashed and burned  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used Logger32 on my desktop and loved it. Moved to a laptop and any action caused it to crash. Asked on one of the forums for help solving the problem only to be told by the author of the program (?) "Sorry, can't help. Dunno what you broke, buy you did a good job apparently. 73." Not what I expected. Program seems to be tenuously built, using a lot of outdated Microsoft library files. I hope others have a better experience than I have had.
WA8UEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Simply Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
You cannot ask for a better more complete logging program, Now with auto updates and it's free. It is a complex program with a ton of features and takes time to master but well worth the effort.
K1OYQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 06:32 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this program now for about 10 years. It has improved over the years and is a full featured logging program. It gets updated almost weekly as bugs are found, DXCCs update and features are added. It has a great following on Yahoo Groups and the software writers follow it closely. I've tried Ham Radio Deluxe and find it kind of cumbersome to get around in. Logger32 puts all the information I need to operate on one page and I don't have to swap pages to see what is going on. It is highly configurable, but once setup it is easy to maintain. I use it in conjunction with and LP-PAN2 and NaP3, so I have a panadapter, logging program, DX-Spotter, sound card digital mode control, beacon tracker, propagation prediction maps (Ham Cap), award tracker, QSL tracker, rig control, and a lot more. Great program, FREE, and fully supported.
SQ5LTL Rating: 3/5 Dec 1, 2013 14:19 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
This software is OK, but not intuitive. The long-configures.In addition to these aspects, a very useful application.
Not a pretty look. ;)
ON9CC Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2013 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of software !!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well, K6RIM (2 reviews below) said it ALL! I also have been a DXBase user for a long time (since 1997 or so) but due to an apparant lack of development and missing key features I had been looking for a replacing non-contest log software. I looked at DX4WIN, DXLab and Logger32. After playing with all 3, Logger32 seemed to suit my needs most.
Hence I took the step and moved over to Logger32 ... and I haven't regretted that step for a second.

Logger32 is highly configurable, has nice bandmaps, RTTY, voicekeyers, auto-LoTW/Clublog, lookup, etc. etc... Also it is updated regularly and it's FREE.

I must say that it didn't take me to long to get used to Logger32. I went step by step, first imported my old log, then bit by bit tried and configured the different functions.

In the beginning I kept my DXBase log up to date too, just in case. But after half a year I haven't even bothered to keep my DX-Base updated and is Logger32 my only log, besides N1MM which I use for contesting. All contest logs are imported into Logger32 after each contest, which also is a piece of cake.
ZS1A Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2012 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Problems solved  Time owned: more than 12 months
Breaking news ! QST QST QST !!!
Just to say all problems fixed and wow this Logger32 and the coders rocks !
Thanks to Rick (N2AMG) and Bob (K4CY) for their personal involvement, time and effort.
The problem was just a single digit gone wrong on my PC.
Like I said, these coders rock and their software is just awesome. Go ahead download the newest version, get all the add-on's and be on top of DX.
Like my previous posting, I stick to my guns that this and the ad-on's is the best of the best logging programs
K6RIM Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2012 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the last few years, I have been looking for logging software to replace DXBase, which has not had a single substantial improvement in over six years. Had DXBase added bandmap capability, I probably would have stayed with it - I was a 20-year user!

After trying out a number of the top available loggers, the most promising, for my purposes, turned out to be Logger 32.

After a week, I am extremely pleased with Logger 32, and it will permanently replace DXBase as my non-contest logger of choice.

Most of the popular powerful loggers feature similar capabilities. What I look for in a logger is well-integrated, powerful software with an easy-to-use GUI (graphic user interface). And one that allows the user to instantly view important DX information at a glance.

As others have noted, there is a steep learning curve. This is true for all powerful logging software, and Logger 32 is no different. But if you are a "power user," it is well worth the pain.

The available Logger 32 bandmap is excellent, as is LOTW integration (with third-party software). The backup functions are easy and powerful. There are lots of extras, including an internal CW keyer, RTTY, QRZ lookup, etc., for those who want those functions.

There is plenty of on-line support, and K4CY, the developer, is available and responsive.

And I almost forgot to mention that the software is free.

In short, wow!

K2GW Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2012 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Best Free package out there  Time owned: more than 12 months
Still love this program after 11 years and I do software development management for a living. It leads the pack for a free full featured station contol program since Ham Radio Deluxe now costs $90.

BTW, automatic LOTW upload and download is now very easy using N2AMG's free LOTW-eQSL_Utility.
K8WDX Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2011 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Fantasic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an update to my first review, I was using Ham Radio Deluxe for several years, I did not think I could do any better, then I bought a beam, not installed yet but I started to look at HRD from the aspect of using a beam, Oh Oh there is a problem, I work a ton of Digital, and started looking for some software that would give better beam headings, I tried them all, DX labs, good, but still only shows info after the qso, at best, and to many open windows and double clicks, not for me, I even installed Linux, and CQRlog, not bad but still something missing, tried several others, still not for me, then I read ON6AB review on HRD, and thought wow is it really that bad. Yup it is, when working with DM780, no beam headings at all, tons of other bells and whistles but they left out the basics, Ok I tried Logger32 before, and it was not all that great, to much to read and learn, so I loaded it up again, worked with it for a couple of weeks, this is pretty good, Ok now after several months, here is the deal... there is not one piece of software that does what this does, not even close!! If you work digital, PSK31, RTTY etc, this is the slickest piece of software around ... with Fldigi and N2MAG gateway, as soon as you enter the call into fldigi, you get beam headings, the logger opens up QRZ info, and if you right click in the logger on the call you can spot with 2 clicks and that includes putting in the comment. sweet. I use two monitors for this.
The logger in general has tons of info with out a bunch of clicking around, just move your mouse over a spot on the map and it gives you the call, CQ zone, source, time etc. I am having a bunch of fun. and feel my shack is now as complete, as it could be.
Once you learn the software it is easy to set up and change things, just have to endure the learning curve.
The awards section is fantastic as well.
Now if we can just get LOTW auto upload and down load it will be a perfect world hihi.
If you are considering or looking for a nice piece of software try this out and give it a chance, as you work with it you will be saying WOW a lot hihi.
Thanks ON6AB for opening my eye's...
LY2KZ Rating: 4/5 May 4, 2011 02:57 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use Logger32 for 3+ years. It is versatile program. Has decent support via active yahoo group. Gets updates about 3 per year and does almost everything what I need. But: If you read PC system requirements, it states Pentium 166MHz is sufficient. It must be a joke. My Pentium M 1,6GHz is loaded 100% when CW machine is active (connected via LPT port). Asked my friends to check if they have similar phenomena and it is confirmed on at least 3 PCs. CWType is invisible on CPU load. So is TR4W. Obviously, something wrong with IO Driver. Beside this, program does not support LPT paddle. I have to run CWType in parallel to be able to transmit CW. And finally, program is not able to PTT via LPT port when DVK is active. These are features that I miss most. Otherwise good program.