Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-140T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-140T
Alinco DR-140T Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2 Meter FM Mobile Base Radio
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Archives/Mobile/dr140spec.pdf

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-140T.

WA6KPD Rating: 4/5 Apr 14, 2000 22:14 Send this review to a friend
DR-140 - A good value for the money....  Time owned: unknown months
I like the DR-140, but there are a few areas where it could be improved.
It would be nice if the mike buttons were illuminated, it's really hard to make an
auto-patch call in a dark car. Also, the segments on the LCD Display could be
made wider and easier to read. I also worry about dial lamp life; LED's would make a big difference here, as they last forever.

Transmit audio is excellent, and I like the speaker being on the top of the case, making it easier to hear when I use it on the seat next to me. The mike cord seems a little short. The mike fits my hand well and is easy to use.

All in all, I think it's a good rig for the money.

KB9TMP Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2000 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Great First Time Radio  Time owned: unknown months
I would recommend the DR-140 for any one as a first radio for some one just starting out, or as an extra radio. I use mine as a base radio with a 12amp power supply. I always receive good signal reports with it and am always told how good the audio sounds. My only complaint with the radio is it has no direct frequency imput using the mike. But you get where you want to go using the tuning knob just a little slower. It's really hard to believe that such a tiny radio can pack such a punch on tx (50w). I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I needed another inexpensive small mobile.

N7ONC Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 1999 01:32 Send this review to a friend
Very good radio for the price.  Time owned: unknown months
I have had the ALINCO DR-140T for about a year in the XYL's vehicle. Once you get it programmed the thing is a breeze to run. The programming might be somewhat combursome if you are nt use to menus but if you are it is also a walk in the park. If your looking for a radio to "get the job done" without alot of hassles this would be it. This radio is not for those who like alot of buttons and other gagets, this is for those who want a 2 meter radio that once you get it programmed it just simply works.
And for the price who can complain, #1 value in my book.