Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Yaesu YA-30 Folded Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu YA-30 Folded Dipole
Yaesu YA-30 Folded Dipole Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $269.00
Description: This is a Broadband Folded Di-Pole, similar to the B&W folded Di-Poles. The difference being size and construction I believe. The wire portion is a coated wire, that seems to be a slightly larger gauge than the B&W and the fit and finish seem a bit better.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu YA-30 Folded Dipole.

HK5CAG Rating: 3/5 Feb 23, 2007 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Very good reports  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Its working good and I did locate it just 4 meters above mine roof.
The only thing that need a bit more attention is the seperators, so the 4 plastic ones that seperate the upper and lower wire.
They can fall down after a visit of a bird.
73īs bye
Marcel HK5CAG

LA6NNA Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2004 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Works very well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got this antenna up and it works great.As previosly review says..It`s a bit heavy but compaire to my ECO Array AVT 25 vertical its working better.On vertical Japan and Guam was an S3 and on the dipole it got S8.Ofcoarse is better working dx horizontale but this is really a good antenna.A bit excpencive but worth it.
It has to be a good one since the Norwegian army using this one.

Swr are in average 1,4:1 except on 15 and 17.There it is 2:1 but this is stated in the info about the antenna.

Now its only to see if it handles the hard WX around the arctic circle.
Well done Yaesu!!!

N5BSD Rating: 4/5 Jun 24, 2003 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Works Rather Well mounted fairly Low  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Since I have only had this on the air a few days, but have gotten good reports using only my FT-100D, I am very pleased with this antenna. I have it mounted about 10 feet off the ground, here at my QTH. It is a tad heavy and I would suggest anyone hanging one of these, do it as an inverted v as opposed to flat toping it. the center is a bit much to leave unsupported IMHO, since mine is so low, I used a piece of PVC pipe to form a center support, more to keep sway down than anything else, but it does take a bit of the stress off the whole thing. For being as low as it is and feeding it with coax of unknown quality I think it is working quite well.
It is a tad cheaper than other Broadband Folded Di-Poles I have seen on the market as well. Haven't made any contact on 160 yet, but the 80, 40 and 20 meter contacts have been good.