Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | W4RRY Battery Booster Help

Reviews Summary for W4RRY Battery Booster
W4RRY Battery Booster Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $90
Description: W4RRY offers two battery boosters that keep your VDC at 13.8 even when your engine is not running. Some car or battery supoplies sag to show 11V. Many new radios are designed to operate properly on 13.8. Check out all his info for details.

NOTE: Product no longer available.
More info: http://members.cox.net/w4rry/index.html

You can write your own review of the W4RRY Battery Booster.

W6GDK Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2003 00:47 Send this review to a friend
Just what the doctor ordered  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I run a TS-850SAT off of a solar power system. The batteries are 6 volt golf cart batteries rated at 220 AH each ( 3 pairs in system for 660AH) at 12 volts. I began receiving reports of TX audio distortion and found the input voltage to the 850 was dropping to 10.5 volts on voice peaks. The radio loses regulation at that point and begins FMing.

Received the W4RRY battery booster this afternoon and hooked it up. I immediately noticed the TX is now at full output power ( was only doing 60 watts before). Audio sounds good on another receiver ( the legendary Kenwood audio is back). Input voltage now varies from 14.1 VDC at idle to 13.7 on TX peaks at 100 watts out.

Tuned around to listen for birdies and hash.There are so many carriers from digital systems in the house that it is difficult to tell if the battery booster is contributing to the noise. I couldn't find anything obvious.

Well have to see what the MTBF looks like. I will report back if I have any problems. I highly recommend this box for folks running off of batteries in a solar configuration or just for emergency power.

N0LIR Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2003 20:27 Send this review to a friend
The booster works great.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the battery booster to power my rig and computers on my sailboat. It has performed flawlessly since I started using it. I recommend it to anyone with a rig on a sailboat.