Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Create Roof Towers Help

Reviews Summary for Create Roof Towers
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Roof towers made from extruded aluminum angle.

You can write your own review of the Create Roof Towers.

AC5ZO Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2003 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a Create 15' roof tower for a few years now. It seems to work pretty well, and I have had no real problems with it. It is set up to handle a typical rotator and thrust bearing. I use mine with about 8 ft of high strength mast which gives me five feet or so above the bearing.

There are tabs at the top of the tower for guy wires or ropes. I decided that I did not really want to use the guys, but the tower was somewhat flexible. The basic design lacks diagonal bracing. I spent an afternoon making diagonal bracing out of aluminum from Home Depot and it stiffened the tower significantly. These reinforcements were cut from stock aluminum angle and drilled for mounting to the existing bolts in the tower.

I like the modified Create tower because it is strong and very light. I do not use it for HF any more, but it is currently being installed to handle satellite antennas from ground level. It is tall enough to allow the long beams to clear the ground by several feet using an AZ-EL rotator. Because the tower is bolted together out of relatively standard aluminum stock, any link can be replaced without problem. I have had no problem with rusting on the galvanized bolts, but it is worthwhile to use loctite before tightening them.