Reviews Categories | GPS receivers for APRS | Deluo GPS Help

Reviews Summary for Deluo GPS
Deluo GPS Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $99
Description: a variety of blind GPS units for connection to laptop, PDA, TNC, or partial TNC like TinyTrak
More info: http://www.deluo.com

You can write your own review of the Deluo GPS.

W9TAM Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2011 22:51 Send this review to a friend
It just works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these from Byonics in 2008, around the same time I got a TM-D700A. Much like the last reviewer, my GPS has been powered on constantly for the last three years. It just works! No problems at all.

KE5JPS Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2009 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Great gps, small package  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this GPS at the same time I ordered my TM-D710. I had it hooked up and working in less than 2 or 3 minutes. It locks on to satellites very fast. The specs say about 45 seconds cold, but it is more like 30 or less. It is about the size of a match box (I have the older rectangle one). I have it mounted on a metal plate that is stuck to the windshield with suction cups. Mounting bracket was purchased on Ebay. The size keeps it out of the way and most of the time I forget it's there. It stays on with a constant power supply so for the last 3 years 24/7/365 it has been on in cold, and SE Texas heat. It still works. What else could you ask for? This is perfect.

AE6PN Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2009 23:59 Send this review to a friend
good gps receiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I set up 10 TT3 , 3 TT4 , 10 OT1, in the passed 10 years. I used Deluo GPS on about half of them.

Deluo gps is pretty sensitive. work pretty well being on top of dash board. work as well on top of roof.

W9JFL Rating: 1/5 Mar 4, 2009 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Wish mine worked... Deluo support horrible.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Looked like a great product, so I ordered one. Received and installed it on D700 using their kit without any success. Product was DOA. Have now spent +30 days trying to get a replacement from Deluo (ordered direct from them via web). Spent two weeks troubleshooting and proving it was installed properly (with pictures!). Finally received RMA# and shipped it back. They've had it now over 2 weeks and nothing in return! Difficult to get them to even respond to me. Sure hope it is worth the wait. Just about to call it quits and dispute the charge on my account. Really disappointed at this point. Too bad, seems like the ones that work are great values. Deluo customer support is the pitts - actually isn't even existent. Buy from a trusted retailer, NOT DELUO!

RFSOAKED Rating: 2/5 Oct 29, 2008 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Birdies!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Anyone having problems with this gps? Mine when placed on the roof of the vehicle interferes with the APRS radio and the 2m side of my dual band mobile. Sounds like a pulsing digital data signal. As soon as i turn power off to the gps receiver it goes away. Turn it on and it takes a moment or two but after it gets a lock and the gps light goes green on the TT3+ then i get that birdie back. Pretty wideband as it affects more then one repeater frequency i have in memory on the mobile, the RX light on the APRS radio and the TT3+ flashes on and off in sync with the noise i am hearing on the other radio.

I emailed Byon and he was nice enough to replace it with a GPS2 and that one has been quiet so far. I'm not the only one, another local ham started reporting the same problem after i mentioned what mine was doing. He realized it was his Deluo as well.

Crossing my fingers on the GPS2 that replaced it, so far so good!

KT4WO Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2008 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Gud deal  Time owned: more than 12 months
1st one died after a few days,,called,,they shipped one out and said to send the 1st one back.
2nd one works great..have ordered 2 more ,,they work great...gud deal.
Gud service.

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2007 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of the Deluo Universals to use with my DR-135TP. It's plugged right into the jack on the radio front and takes its power from the same. This renders APRS plug and play and reduces the wires everywhere seen with harnesses. My first observation was that the GPS is tiny. I also have a puck from Garmin but this is a fraction of the size. I have my with Velcro on the dash.

While I was wondering if this would see the birds when many run them on the roof, it does lock on.

It works well, even here in Nutster, MA, on Cape Cod. Eh ? Again ? If NSTAR tries to trim trees as required for outage and damage prevention, women go in front of town meetings and cry about "grand old tree spirits." This is not just an isolated event. It's insane and ignorant.

Anyway, the GPS works really well given the dangerous and unsightly "tree canopies" that have been allowed to go on in this town on the Cape. I expect it's even better in a normal place.

KI4MCW Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2006 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got one of these a few months back for my TM-D700A. I ordered it off of the Byonics website (www.byonics.com), along with the cigarette lighter power + serial adaptor. The total package was well below $100. I mounted it on my dash (gosh it's small), hidden behind my state inspection sticker for a bit of shade on hot summer days.

I believe these units are limited to displaying altitudes below 20,000 meters, so it wouldn't be too useful for high-altitude ballooning. Otherwise, it's cheap, reasonably sensitive, easy to install, and works exactly as it should. You can't go wrong!

KC0PBC Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2003 01:10 Send this review to a friend
Just plain works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
No muss, no fuss, just works. I'm using it with my Kenwood D-700A. No converter box needed or anything like that. Great sensitivity too - I have it mounted on the dash of my car, and it receives through the windshield with no problems - it even maintains a lock while the car is parked in the garage which is part of the first story of a two story house.

N0RQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2003 17:56 Send this review to a friend
small, functional  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have 2 of the Deluo series of GPS units. They are blind (no display screen) units, which are very small (same size as TinyTrak case). Mine both work well, plugged into TT3 units, so they are the "serial" version, though there is a PDA version as well. It is made to run on about 5vDC (normally off mouse or keyboard port), so to run it without PC, you'll need to supply about 5v (I think the range is 4 to 8v) -- but not 13 volts!

It plugged into my TT3, which plugged into the 2m rig, and it started working. Nothing else to mess with, other than making sure your TT3 has a proper config and cable for your radio.

More details at www.qsl.net/n0rq , APRS section.