Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-281H - Mobile 2m (UHF Rx only) FM Amateur Transceiver Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-281H - Mobile 2m (UHF Rx only) FM Amateur Transceiver
ICOM IC-281H - Mobile 2m (UHF Rx only) FM Amateur Transceiver Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $US$350.00
Description: VHF mobile transceiver
RX: 144-148 MHz; 440-450 MHz
TX: 144-148 MHz
Output power: 50 W
Modes: FM
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 V (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode standard, CTCSS decode (tone squelch) optional
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-281H - Mobile 2m (UHF Rx only) FM Amateur Transceiver.

K4LLA Rating: 4/5 Dec 21, 2003 23:22 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these in the mid 1990s to use in the car, and it worked as advertised. There aren't a lot of features, but then again I wasn't looking for a full feature set, just something to talk on while driving around town.

This unit is very rugged, it survived getting beat around in my car for at least five years, and survived two artic winters in central Illinois without a hitch.

KZ9G Rating: 4/5 Dec 7, 2003 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Great 2M Performance w/ 440 Rx Bonus...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have enjoyed this radio since purchasing it in the mid-nineties. It has withstood the really cold temps of Alaskan winters, as well as continuous base station use. It's intermod rejection is only adequate. In fact, I had occasional intermod problems with it, and they were solved by inserting a in-line DCI 2m bandpass filter. I find it to be a good, solid radio with wonderful transmit audio. If you can find a good used one, go for it. 73.

PY1BR Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2003 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Transceiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have my 281H since 2001 and it's always a pleasure to operate it mobile or base. The reception is outstanding. I never really tried it where intermodulation is critical but it seems that this little rig would handle strong interferences. Besides technical qualities, the rig has a really nice shape. I like very much its 1990s design and conception. Its a great product indeed.