Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 662 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KM6NFF Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2017 12:06 Send this review to a friend
    GREAT SITE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I would like to add my 2 cents here. After signing up I suddenly found out how easy it is to get a license.I studied about 10 days then went and took the Technicians test and passed.Ham TestOnline really makes it easy to get ready for your test. I am now studying for the General test. I hope that goes as well as the first one did.I highly recommend this site. It really does work.

DANJEFFRE Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2017 21:20 Send this review to a friend
    Extra Class in one sitting  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    The test prep website not only had the test questions and answers but additionally offered an educational experience by providing a brief explanation of the concepts behind the questions. I found this sight well worth the investment and do not hesitate to recommend it to anyone interested in obtaining a license.

Dan
    AG5NI

KK6YLW Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2017 19:04 Send this review to a friend
    Nothing Better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    This series of study courses is the best around! There's an added bonus. John and Christina are wavering in their support, patience, encouragement, and willingness to answer any/all emails seeking explanations of difficult material and the same questions over and over again. This program is AWESOME in EVERY respect. Sign up for the courses. You will not be disappointed.

K9GVT Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2017 00:46 Send this review to a friend
    Took me to the top  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I reviewed them in June, basically the same review except I now have passed the Extra exam. I went into this hobby with very little knowledge of electronics and radios. And when I looked ahead and saw some of the test questions for Extra, I originally thought no way I would pass this. But with the smooth and easy learning process that led to my success in Tech and General exams. I just had to keep going. Thank you Ham Test Online.

AC9RN Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2017 17:57 Send this review to a friend
    The Way to Learn and Pass!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I started as a Code Novice in 1990.

Just passed my Extra class test, with a 96 for the win! - After about an hour a day for 30 days or so.

This isn't just a program that teaches the test. You have opportunity to learn as little or as much of the material as you choose, and focus your study right where you need it most. The links to information and learning tools is awesome.

I highly recommend this for all, Tech to Extra.

NA3CT Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2017 15:45 Send this review to a friend
    Way to go!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    My callsign is actually N3LDO and that's the call that I got my Extra Class ticket under.

Anyway, I highly recommend this method. It was the kick in the pants that I needed to finally get my Amateur Extra. Gave me the discipline and the goal to reach.

Took maybe 2 weeks of using Ham Test Online every day, but the day of the test I was ready! Passed it with flying colors.

WA9TDQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2017 09:47 Send this review to a friend
    Highly Recommended!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I signed up for HamTestOnline based on eHam positive reviews. Suffice it to say the reviews were spot-on! The preparation material and test question drills are excellent and on September 9, I passed the Amateur Extra test! If you are looking for an effective and proven test preparation system, you must try HamTestOnline!

WH6DX Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2017 19:15 Send this review to a friend
    I'd give them a 10 if I could!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This program is the absolute most focused, painless and results oriented method of preparing for the Amateur Extra exam around, no doubt about it! I fully concede there is a difference between test preparation and in depth study, but my first goal was to pass the exam. I honestly have less than average electronic/RF theory knowledge. I'm an older former 5wpm Tech who hasn't been licensed for 30+ years. I was certain that I could never pass the Extra exam despite the fact that I have however been preparing for standardized tests for all my adult life. But I've used this type of content specific, item focused preparation method in my professional life with uniformly positive results and it served me well once again. I passed the Amateur Extra exam, with 47/50 after eight consecutive days of study between 45 min to 1.5 hours. As the oft repeated adage goes "Pass the test now, learn the theory in depth later". Now as an /AE I'm able to sit down with one of "Gordo's" books or work with my local club Elmers, while enjoying those extra operating privileges. Sure, you want to broaden your knowledge depth and breadth but why not pass the test first? This is IMHO the absolute best, no gimmick, no games, awesome quality low cost way to get your ticket, period! They even offer a no cost trial, do yourself a big favor and check them out.

KE0MHX Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2017 18:46 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to prepare.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    For the previous ham exams, I used a combination of free websites, books, and an audiobook. When it came time to study for the extra exam, those references didn't do it for me. I had a hard time staying engaged in studying and I felt the explanations for this more technical material was not as strong. I wanted to learn a large part of the technial material, not just the answers for the exam. I took a chance with HamTestOnline. They do have some free trial questions online so you can give the system a try, but they are non-tehnical. The sample questions weren't representative of what I wanted from the program, so I wasn't sure it would be what I needed.

I'm glad I took that chance because I really enjoyed using HamTestOnline. It was well worth the money. For the most part, the material was explained well. There were a few topics that seemed to have nothing to do with the exam question it was trying to explain. However, the vast majority of the material was well explained with text and illustrations in the program, often with links to external sources for even more in-depth information. I can truly say I not only passed the Amateur Extra exam with ease, I also learned a considerable amount in the process of studying.

In the end, I acheived a score that was right in line with what HamTestOnline was predicting. Satisfied customer!

WA0DOM Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2017 10:10 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Everything has pretty much been said already but I'll add my kudos. This course is excellent preparation for the FCC license exams. The technical data portions are presented in short, digestible increments and the history-driven question repetition is an effective teaching method. Some of the technical material is not explained in detail, but hey, it teaches to the exam questions, and that is the system. It provides at least basic knowledge and there are many study guide available for use after passing the exams.